Koi Perich All American bowl

Never want to put too high of expectations on true freshman to play right away because the jump from high school to college is huge but Perich seems like one who might have a shot of seeing the field in year 1. Would be awesome if he could slide right into one of the safety spots.

Very cool to see one of our commits shining in a game with some of the best prospects in the entire country.

Will he be here for spring ball or arrive in June? Spring ball will give him a better chance of seeing the field this fall.

With the All-American Bowl MVP now going on the bookshelf in the Perich residence, Koi will prepare to enroll at Minnesota in the upcoming weeks as an early enrolee with the program as he hopes to become the next great safety for the program.

Obviously Koi was lights out, but Carroll looked awesome on the OL as well.

Call me crazy, but I could see both playing early (for Carroll an injury might have to happen), and no matter what, both are starters as sophomores.

I think Koi is starting by game 7 next year.

After watching our safeties in the bowl game, we need safety speed bad. Koi is that guy.

With the All-American Bowl MVP now going on the bookshelf in the Perich residence, Koi will prepare to enroll at Minnesota in the upcoming weeks as an early enrolee with the program as he hopes to become the next great safety for the program.

Typo immediately in that article:
"I can't wait," Fleck told the NBC crew when asked about his next step. "P.J. obviously a great coach, a great recruiting class with a bunch of my boys. The Gophers are going to be a team to watch out for."
They typed Fleck instead or Perich.
Will he be here for spring ball or arrive in June? Spring ball will give him a better chance of seeing the field this fall.
The rivals article said he is early enrolling.

He’s playing hoops for his HS, so I’m guessing he is not going to be an early enrollee

Obviously Koi was lights out, but Carroll looked awesome on the OL as well.

Call me crazy, but I could see both playing early (for Carroll an injury might have to happen), and no matter what, both are starters as sophomores.

I think Koi is starting by game 7 next year.

After watching our safeties in the bowl game, we need safety speed bad. Koi is that guy.
Yep, Koi looks like a playmaker. Go Gophers!

Never want to put too high of expectations on true freshman to play right away because the jump from high school to college is huge but Perich seems like one who might have a shot of seeing the field in year 1. Would be awesome if he could slide right into one of the safety spots.

Very cool to see one of our commits shining in a game with some of the best prospects in the entire country.
That interception is a pretty good sign that he's going to be playing a lot as a freshman. The fact that he stuck with the Gophers over Ohio State stamps him as a leader also. His story has a Blake Cashman vibe even with the difference in high school size. (And the blocked punt!)

That interception is a pretty good sign that he's going to be playing a lot as a freshman. The fact that he stuck with the Gophers over Ohio State stamps him as a leader also. His story has a Blake Cashman vibe even with the difference in high school size. (And the blocked punt!)
I mean a bit different too since Cashman was a walk-on with no offers out of EP and Perich was a highly pursued 4-star

He did not recover it. Replay is on YouTube.
Just watched it again and it sure looks like Perich recovered the punt he blocked. At about 1:00 you can see number 21 Perich block the punt, get up, dive for the ball, and while lying on his stomach, he pulls the ball into his chest. Then he gets up and spins the ball on the turf.

Just watched it again and it sure looks like Perich recovered the punt he blocked. At about 1:00 you can see number 21 Perich block the punt, get up, dive for the ball, and while lying on his stomach, he pulls the ball into his chest. Then he gets up and spins the ball on the turf.
Yup. He definitely recovered it as well.

Top Bottom