Kofi Not Drafted

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
I don't remember the rule. Is he allowed to go back to Illnois?

Can Harper go back to Rutgers?

Cock-burn.

They need to add the hyphen, so that fans pronounce it correctly.

I don't remember the rule. Is he allowed to go back to Illnois?

Can Harper go back to Rutgers?

He could still make the league as a free agent but he messed up by staying in college too long and exposing his deficiencies.

He could still make the league as a free agent but he messed up by staying in college too long and exposing his deficiencies.
I wonder if he realized with NIL he could potentially make more at Illinois than he might in wherever he ends up next

Would you rather have Kofi or Kessler? Kessler is a 58% free throw shooter. He scores only on dunks. Great shot blocker but pretty tough to play a 58% ft shooter at the end of games so when will he get used that somebody couldn't offer more benefits? I'm probably not taking either at 22 in the first round.

Would you rather have Kofi or Kessler? Kessler is a 58% free throw shooter. He scores only on dunks. Great shot blocker but pretty tough to play a 58% ft shooter at the end of games so when will he get used that somebody couldn't offer more benefits? I'm probably not taking either at 22 in the first round.

Kessler is much better suited for today's NBA game than Kofi.

I feel like the fact that Kessler was a first round pick and no one took Cockburn kinda answers your question.

Kessler isn’t going to be playing at the end of games as a rookie consistently. He is a rotation guy.

I feel like the fact that Kessler was a first round pick and no one took Cockburn kinda answers your question.

Kessler isn’t going to be playing at the end of games as a rookie consistently. He is a rotation guy.
I don’t think it’s that easy of a decision. For the college game Kofi was a beast. I think I would have to pick him over Kessler.

Kessler’s game better trasnslates to NBA though.

If this was 1990, Kofi may have been the 1st pick.

I don’t think it’s that easy of a decision. For the college game Kofi was a beast. I think I would have to pick him over Kessler.

You just made a case for Kessler. And it isn’t 1990

Kofi's problem is that he isn't a good defensive player other than being large. He blocked shots at about the same rate as Eric Curry. He was not a defensive presence even in the Big 10.

Per 40: Kofi averaged 1.3 blocks and Walker Kessler averaged 7.1 blocks. That doesn't even account for the fact that Kofi is absolutely lost defending the pick and roll. The only reason any one compares the two players is because they are both tall.

The truth is that Walker Kessler was drafted because he was truly elite at blocking and altering shots. Of course some of that will be lost in the NBA. For people interested in Kofi, it was due to offense.

For the Wolves, they were looking to add an interior defender. If it wasn't Kessler, it would have been someone else whose defense translated a bit. They already have a decent offensive/no defense center in Naz Reid.

You just made a case for Kessler. And it isn’t 1990
Both are good players. Their games are just different. Kofi was a beast in college but he (probably) won’t be in the NBA. His size alone contributed to his success.

If I had to pick a college player, I’d probably pick Kofi.

Kofi's problem is that he isn't a good defensive player other than being large. He blocked shots at about the same rate as Eric Curry. He was not a defensive presence even in the Big 10.

Per 40: Kofi averaged 1.3 blocks and Walker Kessler averaged 7.1 blocks. That doesn't even account for the fact that Kofi is absolutely lost defending the pick and roll. The only reason any one compares the two players is because they are both tall.

The truth is that Walker Kessler was drafted because he was truly elite at blocking and altering shots. Of course some of that will be lost in the NBA. For people interested in Kofi, it was due to offense.

For the Wolves, they were looking to add an interior defender. If it wasn't Kessler, it would have been someone else whose defense translated a bit. They already have a decent offensive/no defense center in Naz Reid.

Oh Naz. After his first year I was expecting some growth and overall improvement.

Both are good players. Their games are just different. Kofi was a beast in college but he (probably) won’t be in the NBA. His size alone contributed to his success.

If I had to pick a college player, I’d probably pick Kofi.
Kofi was the better college player but the Wolves aren’t a college team.

Kofi is older. Kessler already has more floor game.

Is this a gopher forum or a wolves forum? I may have misinterpreted the initial question that started off this whole debate.
The question was who would you rather have at pick 22.

The NBA has changed a lot in 20 years. 20 years ago Kofi is a lottery pick. But today the NBA does not use traditional post up bigs. Kofi will have trouble guarding in space. His lateral speed is marginal out on the floor.

This was the third time Kofi put his name in so he couldn’t come back before the draft. Can only put name in twice and return. He wanted to take a chance on making it this time. Was that the best decision? Time will tell. He left $1.5 million of NIL on the table at Illinois.

Without Kofi, Underwood is moving towards the NBA model. Big wings and good shooters with little post up. He has always liked that style but, when you had an AA big in Kofi you used him. With him gone, the style changes.

Top Bottom