Kneepkens

Yeah, I've watched Gianna dozens of times over the years. The crazy thing is, she still has so much upside. Her length will help her shoot over players at the next level and she frequently nails NBA 3s, so she has great range. Her handles are crazy good and she is very productive in every category of the game, plus the D-side too - so she is a complete player. Oh and she is a 4.0 at an academically tough Duluth Marshall college prep school, which helps her with all the fast-twitch basketball decisions / gameIQ on the court: which translates into smart shot-selection and very minimal turn-overs. I think she would have blown past 4k points if not for last year & this year. G's big basketball-brain and relentless work ethic are going to serve her well - and she will do some big things out at Utah, I believe. This is one that got away, for sure.

Last edited:

"Gophers were interested in" (as in we recruited her heavily)? Or we were just "interested in"? I'm assuming Lindsay saw her play a few times. Yes it would suck if she has a successful college career and we let her get away.

Lets face it, if Kneepkens is an elite player (and she is) and she commits to UTAH, its probably safe to say there was some connection to this school for her that was probably a done deal before MN even hit the recruiting path.

Wow 67 points in a HS playoff game that’s just crazy. Sounds like one that got away. was she heavily recruited by this coaching staff? In the same game 7th grader Maddyn Greenway (Chad Greenway’s daughter) scored 32 points. Can we put a block on Geno’s phone? Maybe Bluder’s too since Chad graduated from Iowa? Good HS players in Minnesota!

Wow 67 points in a HS playoff game that’s just crazy. Sounds like one that got away. was she heavily recruited by this coaching staff? In the same game 7th grader Maddyn Greenway (Chad Greenway’s daughter) scored 32 points. Can we put a block on Geno’s phone? Maybe Bluder’s too since Chad graduated from Iowa? Good HS players in Minnesota!
Seems like a lot of talent in MN. Hopefully Lindsay can get them at the U. 1st Paige and now Gianna Kneepkens.

The Greenway's may listen to Lindsay, but getting her away from Iowa is going to take a herculean effort. Both parents are alums of Iowa and played there and bleed black and gold.

That game stressed me out. They need to play defense!

Top Bottom