Klein

TCF=UnitedWeStand

Reaction score
Anybody else not impressed thus far? Iowa was absolutely dominant on both lines - not even close. Stay healthy - wasn't that something that was promoted about Klein when this staff got here? Klein's program significantly limits injuries, and specifically nagging injuries? Really?

Again, for all the talk Kill and staff have made about Klein ("best in the country"), I am not impressed at all.

If you take out the scrap heap recruits he got in late 2010/11, he really only has fr. and so. that are "his" Wait until Pirsig, Hayse, Mayes, etc., etc. are upper classmen. Same goes for the defense. It stinks, but we are still physically out-matched. Next year we won't be.

If those upperclassmen were that bad those young guys would be playing over them. Many of the guys you mentioned were red shirted so shouldn't be sitting unless they are not good enough.

This staff has yet to recruit many studs and to this point the ones they did have not helped.

Anybody else not impressed thus far? Iowa was absolutely dominant on both lines - not even close. Stay healthy - wasn't that something that was promoted about Klein when this staff got here? Klein's program significantly limits injuries, and specifically nagging injuries? Really?

Again, for all the talk Kill and staff have made about Klein ("best in the country"), I am not impressed at all.

I've thought this myself several times.

Agreed. We had tons of injuries last year, - especially on the O-line. Both Olsons are riding the pine. What happened to Tommy "The Tank" when recruited and first came-in, and Hayes the road-grader? Neither McAvoy has been developed, and Pirsig is huge and was sought by OSU, WI, the SEC. Most of OL is WOs and PWOs. I'm not seeing a lot of development or reduction in injuries due to Kleins revolutionary training regiments and conditions drills.

If those upperclassmen were that bad those young guys would be playing over them. Many of the guys you mentioned were red shirted so shouldn't be sitting unless they are not good enough.

This staff has yet to recruit many studs and to this point the ones they did have not helped.

OK, it's already started... So you think the stud recruits are just lining up to come to a place where the fans are fickle, uninformed, and unrealistic, but the coaches don't recognize them and turn them away.... In reality, this staff will do what they've done every place they've been, take the best kids they can get, get 'em in the weight room, and coach 'em up. Please just hang in there. You'll see.

Brewster said he brought in the best strength coach in the country too. It's a stupid line. Every high school and college team in the country lifts. Saying we have the best lifting coach is just plain stupid.

We need to make good players better.
Right now we are making bad players better.

That's not all Jerry's fault at this point, but our talent level isn't getting substantially better in the underclasses just looking casually. I can name two players I'm very impressed with.
Marcus jones.
Ra'shede.

One is brewsters. One is kills.
Both are upperclassmen.

OK, it's already started... So you think the stud recruits are just lining up to come to a place where the fans are fickle, uninformed, and unrealistic, but the coaches don't recognize them and turn them away.... In reality, this staff will do what they've done every place they've been, take the best kids they can get, get 'em in the weight room, and coach 'em up. Please just hang in there. You'll see.

Fans are fickle and uninformed even more so for good teams. So yes.

There aren't many casual fans of the gophers. It's the diehards. All the bandwagon fans left when Maroney left.

Looking at depth charts here is how our OL stacks up.

Years of experience. Meaning are the in the 1-5th year.

Ohio State= 21 or 4.2 yrs.
Wisconsin= 21 or 4.2 yrs.
Iowa = 19 or 3.8 yrs.
Mich= 18 or 3.6 yrs.
Minn= 16 or 3.2yrs.

Basically we are taking walk-on / 2/ 3 star 21 year old into battle against 22-23 year old 3-4 star guys.

Looking at depth charts here is how our OL stacks up.

Years of experience. Meaning are the in the 1-5th year.

Ohio State= 21 or 4.2 yrs.
Wisconsin= 21 or 4.2 yrs.
Iowa = 19 or 3.8 yrs.
Mich= 18 or 3.6 yrs.
Minn= 16 or 3.2yrs.

Basically we are taking walk-on / 2/ 3 star 21 year old into battle against 22-23 year old 3-4 star guys.

Your use of facts is not acceptable when these trolls have unlimited hyperbole and rampant idiocy to spew!

Your use of facts is not acceptable when these trolls have unlimited hyperbole and rampant idiocy to spew!

Funny- Go in and read the bios of some of the guys playing for these teams. MN has no shot until we get 4-5th year guys consistently and hope we have some younger studs from time to time.

Funny- Go in and read the bios of some of the guys playing for these teams. MN has no shot until we get 4-5th year guys consistently and hope we have some younger studs from time to time.

Ah, Campion is a "sophomore", but he graduated HS like 5 years ago.

Claeys talked about this a little on the Gopher Football show when he was filling in for Kill, not so much about Klein, but about what they have done in the past and what they need to do. Their philosophy is that most players need to redshirt to get bigger and more mature and that they see the results when they start getting redshirt juniors and seniors playing, which will take time here.

Top Bottom