KJ Maye

A couple people have mentioned that he reminds them of Troy, if that's the case any chance that he might move out to corner?

A couple people have mentioned that he reminds them of Troy, if that's the case any chance that he might move out to corner?

That's what I was wondering. Anyone know if he played defense at all in high school?

Welcome aboard KJ! I like the Stoudermire comparison, I can see that.

Could also be switched across the ball as a defensive back as well!

Yeah, I've always wondered why teams who run that particular offense are always doing those kind of unrealistic fakes. It reminds me of old grainy footage of the 4 Horsemen at Notre Dame.

It is actually called the spin offense. Not kidding. You don't see it much, but it preys on high school LBs who get sucked in for any fake and don't read their keys, especially when the QB is as athletic as Maye.

It is actually called the spin offense. Not kidding. You don't see it much, but it preys on high school LBs who get sucked in for any fake and don't read their keys, especially when the QB is as athletic as Maye.

Yeah, i've seen it before. It is actually pretty effective. Eden Praire's offense isn't too different from that offense. You seem some other schools throughout the state running it, SSP has a real good offense and it's pretty similar.

It just looks strange sometimes the fakes that are carried out. I have no doubt that it works though.

Harbison may be a slot WR but he's not a quick slot guy like a Marcus Jones or Maye. Harbison is a more traditional wide out but he's not big. Kill's (Limegrover's) NIU offense utilized a quick slot guy to run the jet sweep and bubble screens with

Yeah, I think Harbison is quick enough to play slot effectively in our offense. Everytime I see him with the ball in his hand, he reminds me of a RB (quick and shifty). He has the size to be on the outside on some sets, and I have no doubt in my mind he will play bot slot and on the outside. However, I think he will do most of his damage in the slot.

I think he has enough zip and touch to play some wildcat too. I like the way he was almost 100% of the time in the exact same stance before the snap, although he does give away run/pass with how he leans a little before the snap.

Shades of the old Single Wing complete with a blocking back or QB. Difference is the snaps go to the Tailback, in this case Maye, the QB! The SW/QB was mostly used as a pulling guard who led a lot of running plays. Confusing? The SW used a lot of spins, motion, etc. and deception which made it difficult for the D to track the ball.

Did I read where Elk River HS used the SW this Fall?

Shades of the old Single Wing complete with a blocking back or QB. Difference is the snaps go to the Tailback, in this case Maye, the QB! The SW/QB was mostly used as a pulling guard who led a lot of running plays. Confusing? The SW used a lot of spins, motion, etc. and deception which made it difficult for the D to track the ball.

Did I read where Elk River HS used the SW this Fall?
I think Elk River, Shakopee and some smaller schools all ran Single Wing with great success this year.

Elk River had a pretty durn good turnaround with that offense.

Shifty little f*cker.

Hellz yea he is....

I project him as an APB. I'd hate to go there... but he's seems to have a lil bit of a LaMichael James look to him.
Throws a pretty decent ball too... I could see a half-back pass in his future.

I think Elk River, Shakopee and some smaller schools all ran Single Wing with great success this year.

In reality, all modern spread offenses (including Minnesota's) incorporate aspects of the single wing. The idea is to put your best athlete at QB to make sure he touches the ball every play. Especially at the HS level, this is a good plan and can be very effective. I would kill to have Maye running my team's offense. It would be fun.

Top Bottom