Kiss NCAAs goodbye unless Royce and Trevor come back

• Thread starter CaliforniaGopher
  • Start date
C

CaliforniaGopher

This team can't rebound and has no go to scorer. Getting Royce and Trevor back would go along way towards solving these problems.

Will you please stop with the "we need Royce back" crap you spew everyday around here? We already know what the problems are with the team. We already know you think Royce is some kind of martyr. We already know you think we're all delusional for supporting Tubby's decision to keep Royce suspended.

So in other words, can we please move on from this utterly redundant topic?

Will you please stop with the "we need Royce back" crap you spew everyday around here? We already know what the problems are with the team. We already know you think Royce is some kind of martyr. We already know you think we're all delusional for supporting Tubby's decision to keep Royce suspended.

Well do you agree?

You know, you make me think of all the things that i don't like about what has happened to NCAA basketball. The two players who are in trouble with the law would solve all our problems? Then I guess our problems are bigger than anyone thought.
Or maybe in reality these two have helped create these problems - distraction, distraction.

I agree 100 percent. Royce and Trevor aren't walking through that door!

If Royce and Trevor start playing, how many wins will they be worth? The Gophers need to win at least 11 probably 12 in Big Ten now, and Nolen, Jospeh, and co. will still be 'distributing' the ball. What a bummer.

What has Mbakwe done in his "stellar" college basketball career that suggests he's going to be factor?

I have said that I doubted this team was going to be good enough to cakewalk into the Dance. Your right the suspensions have hurt. I doubt White would be as much help as Mbakwe. I have never seen a killer rebounding instinct in White. Trevor would be a big help scoring and on the boards. In the long run (if there was a long run ) White would probably be the better player. But, right now I'd take Trevor.

What has happened to Westbrook's handle on the ball? He keeps losing control of it.

Its obvious

This game typifies our Gophers - no solid rebounding on either end. Iverson is solid, Sampson is soft. Johnson, Carter, and Willilams are woefully inadequate as rebounders, no bulk, strength, or intense desire to get the ball. Trevor and Royce would certainly improve us in that area.

Having players that attack the rim and go after the ball makes the game a lot easier of the other players. Ever watched Michigan State play? Getting an offensive rebound and passing to a player standing alone on the 3 point line and bingo - 3 points. Great rebounders start many a fast break, something we are too bad when we have a chance. But to really be a good up tempo team you need to play great defense (we mostly do), rebound (we don't do), and be able to finish at the other end (we pretty good at).

Without help, can anybody out really think we'll be able to play with likes of Purdue, Michigan State, Ohio State, and especially Wisconsin?

I don't think so!

What has happened to Westbrook's handle on the ball? He keeps losing control of it.

To be honest, I'm not sure he ever really had all that good of a handle. He's always been more of a jump shooter than anything else, unless he's playing against Wisconsin, in which case he seems to be able to get to the hoop at will. The problem is that he's trying to go too fast all the time. Tonight, he made a nice split of a Miami double-team on the perimeter and had a nice little 12 footer that was almost completely uncontested. But instead of settling himself and finishing the play, he hurried himself and airballed the attempt. And this feels like a trend with most of our guys.

The bottom line is this: these guys really lack poise and a lot of it is because they don't know when to be quick and when to take their time. For instance, they pass slowly, but then hurry their shots because they're not really open due to the tortoise-like pace at which they move the ball. The end result? Lots and lots of bad, missed shots. They need to move the ball quicker so they actually have an opening long enough to take their time and take a shot with confidence. The whole rhythm is out of wack and somehow needs to be reversed.

Absolutely right once again CG.

But even with Royce and Trevor, it could be too little too late. They'd help our huge rebounding problem we have I think, but I still don't think they could fill in the huge scoring problem we have right now. Look on the bright side, all the PC people here can be happy that we have disciplined our players and coached them to be good citizens (maybe?). Too bad that all the disciplinary actions have killed our season.

But even with Royce and Trevor, it could be too little too late. They'd help our huge rebounding problem we have I think, but I still don't think they could fill in the huge scoring problem we have right now. Look on the bright side, all the PC people here can be happy that we have disciplined our players and coached them to be good citizens (maybe?). Too bad that all the disciplinary actions have killed our season.

Please be more clear. It's the fault of the "disciplinary actions" for "killing a season" that has only just started??? That is the PC lingo. The people that expect athletes held accountable to honor the student code and represent the university are the NON-PC ones-- or do you prefer falling down the slippery slope leading to yet-again more NCAA sanctions? That was sure a fun time for Gopher hoops in the 90s........80s........70s.

I'm trying to maintain perspective here, but I am REALLY feeling down about Gophers hoops. At the end of last season I actually thought the Gophers might have a Top 10 team this year. When all my friends would insist that Tubby would be leaving I would reply that his best chance to win was with the 09-10 Gophers and thus he would stay here. I thought I had been proven right. Now less than one week after beating the #10 team in the country we're questioning if they'll even make the NCAA tourney (and rightly questioning it because with 3 NC losses, it really doesn't look too good right now).

VERY depressing.

Oh well, at least the football team is... ....aw, just forget it.

Too bad that all the disciplinary actions have killed our season.

Hahaha, good one Tubbytown. You are one funny dude...wait, you weren't kididng?

Can you be more dilusional?

Top Bottom