Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Look Who’s Talking’ Star, Dies at 71 of cancer

Didn't realize that she was ill or that when she was married to Parker Stevenson that they adopted kids.

Peace to them.

Posted this in the best movies set in MN thread. Classic.

Posted this in the best movies set in MN thread. Classic.

My wife and I saw this clip last night.

Wife: "Mn people really don't sound like that."
Me: "Some do."
Wife: I don't hear it...ever."

The two anchor people come on and comment. The female anchor sounds exactly like Kristy. I win again!

My wife and I saw this clip last night.

Wife: "Mn people really don't sound like that."
Me: "Some do."
Wife: I don't hear it...ever."

The two anchor people come on and comment. The female anchor sounds exactly like Kristy. I win again!
Maybe not as much in the metro, but definitely noticeable out-state. I think Kirstie nails it, obviously in a caricature sort of way.

one of her first major roles, of course, was Lt. Saavik in Star Trek II-The Wrath of Khan.

Ironically, her contract in the movie did not include a clause to return for a sequel. So when they made ST III-The Search for Spock, the producers had to re-negotiate. Depending on who you believe, Alley asked for more money than they were willing to pay - or she was worried about being typecast - so they re-cast the role, and the actress who took over the part was very bland by comparison.

then, when they were making ST VI-The Undiscovered Country, allegedly the director tried to get Alley to return and play Saavik again, but she declined, so they re-wrote the part into Lt. Valeris, who was played by Kim Cattrall.

Top Bottom