Kirkwood is trying to start a 3rd and 4th down chant against W. Illinois

Valid point. Which is why I don't think they would care.

But when people start throwing stuff on the field, that is how they get them to stop. I'm guessing if they wanted to stop this chant, they would perform a similar action.

However, I do question the value of going through the effort to create a stadium wide cheer that would become obsolete if our coach leaves. I would rather they put the effort into something that could really stick for many years to come and through different eras.

What have you heard?

However, I do question the value of going through the effort to create a stadium wide cheer that would become obsolete if our coach leaves. I would rather they put the effort into something that could really stick for many years to come and through different eras.

Good point. I misunderstood the context of your first post.

I could care less about whether a chant is long term or short term, though. I would just prefer to see people ACTUALLY cheer, rather than pretend their pressence is good enough to create a hostile atmosphere. However it is accomplished, I would like to get back to somewhere near the energy of the first game. That is the type of atmosphere teh big time programs create in their home stadiums and can help win games.

Are students thrown out of Williams when there's an audible "F**k Bo Ryan!" chant?

Chanting the coach's name isn't going to get anyone thrown out of the game.

Are students thrown out of Williams when there's an audible "F**k Bo Ryan!" chant?

I don't know? This has disaster written all over it imo. I'll do it, but I don't think it will be accepted by the Admin..

I don't know? This has disaster written all over it imo. I'll do it, but I don't think it will be accepted by the Admin..

As long as the refs don't flag us, the admin really doesn't have a choice what people chant in the stadium. Unless they want to instruct security to eject the whole student section and part of the season ticket holders.

In all honesty, I don't see it catching on, but I'll go along with it to try and help get it off the ground.

Yes, but "Kill" could apparently be construed as a threat. Nobody in their right mind would threaten to bang Bo Ryan.

Yes, but "Kill" could apparently be construed as a threat. Nobody in their right mind would threaten to bang Bo Ryan.

I don't know.That hair is pretty amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't slicked back with spanish fly or sex panther.

If the administration tries to shut it down it will become the FU/ES of TCF. They'd be better off to ignore it if they don't like it.

Personally I think it's problematic because of the possibility of a serious injury to the offense on the play. It will seem induced.

The expectation of the U coming down on the students for something like this just shows how badly the administration has ruined the fan atmosphere over the decades.

The expectation of the U coming down on the students for something like this just shows how badly the administration has ruined the fan atmosphere over the decades.

No kidding. This should be a non-issue. The coach's last name is Kill for crying out loud.

Personally I think it is the perfect chant. Then when teams convert on third or fourth and long (like UNLV), the Kill chant can turn into a plaintive "Kill Me" chant.

In my anecdotal opinion, no team gives up more long third and fourth downs than the Gophers and this seems to transcend coaches. It happened to Mason, to Brewster and now to Kill.

man, some of you people are such stereotypical "oh sure, you betcha" lutheran pansies and worry/concern yourself about the lamest sh!t. this topic comes up and your first thought is someone might get removed from the stadium, or the administration is going to give a rip, or it may be construed as a personal threat. give me a freaking break! :rolleyes:

KILL!KILL!KILL!KILL!KILL!KILL!KILL!KILL!KILL!KILL!KILL!KILL!KILL!KILL!

man, some of you people are such stereotypical "oh sure, you betcha" lutheran pansies and worry/concern yourself about the lamest sh!t. this topic comes up and your first thought is someone might get removed from the stadium, or the administration is going to give a rip, or it may be construed as a personal threat. give me a freaking break! :rolleyes:

Who is worried? No one. Overreact much?

Does everyone forget about the basketball cheer "Rake, Pillage, Burn, Kill, Eat babies ... badger babies"

That happens before every single game. Chanting kill would be no big deal IMO.

Does everyone forget about the basketball cheer "Rake, Pillage, Burn, Kill, Eat babies ... badger babies"

Hockey too.

Kill, Maim, Pillage, Burn. Come on Scher!

Although the perverse students have turned in to Kill, Rape, Pillage, Burn. It's almost incredible how every kid that chants it puts more emphasis on the word "rape" than the rest of them.

Did anyone actually do this today?

I have noticed (now that my new seats are LOT closer to the student section) that they do a lot of chants just after we get a first down (after the "And that's aNOTHER Gollllden Gopher.... FIRST DOWN!" thing). We couldn't make out what they were chanting.. I wonder if it has anything to do with what is documented here..

Huh? Did you post before reading a single post in this thread? Everyone is in support of this.

Odd.

Go Gophers!!

I have noticed (now that my new seats are LOT closer to the student section) that they do a lot of chants just after we get a first down (after the "And that's aNOTHER Gollllden Gopher.... FIRST DOWN!" thing). We couldn't make out what they were chanting.. I wonder if it has anything to do with what is documented here..

It goes "Anddddd that's another Golden Gopher.... FIRST DOWN!" Then the band plays that quick tune. "Min - Ne - So - Ta, Minnesota, GO GOPHERS!, Min - Ne - So - Ta, Minnesota, LETS GO! LETS GO! LETS GO!" Basically the students keep yelling "LETS GO!" at each other for a few seconds

Top Bottom