Kirk Herbstreet Slams Gopher during Rose Bowl

Berget13

Reaction score
4 & 1 situation OSU's ball and they come out of the huddle with their O. Kirk says " If the buckeyes are playing Indiana or Minnesota, they kick the FG. I say this because Tressel has such high respect for the Ducks Offense."

I think I remember a thread on here about disliking KH..Just fueling the fire.

I am with you Yew512 ... factually, he said nothing wrong.

That's funny. Somebody asked me if I wanted to frost my hair and get botox and I said I would if I were Kirk Herbstreit or Elton John.

You can't blame a guy when he is just speaking the plain truth. We are an embarassment.

If anyone should take offense it is indiana. Their offense was much better than ours this year. We ranked about 115 out of 119 and Indiana was about 75 out of 119. Jedd's offense was in a league of it's own this year.

You can't blame a guy when he is just speaking the plain truth. We are an embarassment.

Ouch........but true, I am afraid. You can't fault Herbstreit -- it is the plain truth and sometimes the truth hurts.

If anyone should take offense it is indiana. Their offense was much better than ours this year. We ranked about 115 out of 119 and Indiana was about 75 out of 119. Jedd's offense was in a league of it's own this year.

Remember when we used to have a top 20 offense? That seems like a LONG time ago! Now we are looking with envy at the team with the #75 offense.

Woulnd't really call us an embarrassment. Thats just your posting history....

We just are not a good football team. There are several other teams that are much much more embarassing then this one. Maybe you can go bitch about one of them on their message boards for once instead of the same old schtict here...

Woulnd't really call us an embarrassment. Thats just your posting history....

We just are not a good football team. There are several other teams that are much much more embarassing then this one. Maybe you can go bitch about one of them on their message boards for once instead of the same old schtict here...

We are getting called out on national TV because our ineptness - I'd call that embarrassing. Kirk was making a statement about comparisons and he came up with the two most worthless Big10 teams that popped into his mind. That's what we amount to under Brewster. When someone tries to think of a terrible Big10 team, the Gophers come to mind; we have become a laughing stock under Brewster.

I disagree that this is "fair". Minnesota doesn't deserve to be in the same breath as Indiana no matter how badly we are embarrassed by our current situation. Better fits for Kirk: Indiana and Illinois, Indiana and Michigan, Indiana and Purdue.

The Gophers have been in bowl games the past two years, the players and staff deserve a little more respect than being lumped in with Indiana.

it was kind of a joke

how much of a homer KH and Musberger were for the Buckeyes on that broadcast - you would think they would not let KH in the booth since he is such a Buckeye homer

Oh boo hoo, somebody ripped on our beloved Brewster's inept bunch

Remember when we used to have a top 20 offense? That seems like a LONG time ago! Now we are looking with envy at the team with the #75 offense.

Sadly, our defense was probably ranked in the 100's back then. Someday, maybe we'll have both a good defense and offense.

Somebody in Hartford should inform Mr. Herbstreet that we won a National Championship in 1698.

I disagree that this is "fair". Minnesota doesn't deserve to be in the same breath as Indiana no matter how badly we are embarrassed by our current situation. Better fits for Kirk: Indiana and Illinois, Indiana and Michigan, Indiana and Purdue.

The Gophers have been in bowl games the past two years, the players and staff deserve a little more respect than being lumped in with Indiana.
How long was that TD scoring drought again?

It seems like a silly thing to get upset over and it's an easy thing for the team to put a stop to. Put points on the board and nobody is going to say things like this.

I wasnt upset. And I didnt want this thread to get into a flame war. I just thought it was an intresting comment so I put it on here. Im not crying or pouting about it.

I was just pumped to have "Minnesota" mentioned in the Rose Bowl! How exciting!

How long was that TD scoring drought again?

It seems like a silly thing to get upset over and it's an easy thing for the team to put a stop to. Put points on the board and nobody is going to say things like this.

They went 39 straight possessions w/o an offensive TD before scoring vs. ISU. They end the season with no off. TDs in 20 of the last 28 quarters.

Our offense was horrible this year. I do not know why people are getting all upset over Herb's comments.

It's frustrating. It's not like he was in the studio reading his prepared "take" when they tossed a question to him. He was watching the game, thinking about the decision being made on the field, and deciding that it was a good decision because they weren't playing......let's see.....who has a horrible offense in the B10....... Those are the two teams that popped into his head. Just breaking it down a little, and we are one of the teams that came to mind. Not a pre-calculated rip on Gophers. Like others have said, the truth hurts.

They went 39 straight possessions w/o an offensive TD before scoring vs. ISU. They end the season with no off. TDs in 20 of the last 28 quarters.

doogie this made me literally laugh out loud. i was just surprised you didn't have the number of offensive plays and exact time of possession committed to memory.

you just can't help yourself, can you?

Khaliq asked the question, so I answered it ... we all know the offense was maybe the worst in the FBS ... and that is coming from the guy who has defended Fisch a lot ... so I am just putting numbers behind the fact that we already know.

Top Bottom