Kirk Frentz on the dissolution of the Hawkeye Diversity Group

I’m skeptical of Kirk and the football program generally when it comes to that topic.

At the same time it sounds like the head of the committee had decided the school should fire Kirk and the AD and told everyone on the committee… but that’s very much not the job of that committee.

I’m skeptical of everyone there…

Last edited:

Yeah. I tend to think of this as no deal. Sounds like Kirk tried to do this whether in good faith or not
Some members of the committee didn’t join in good faith so Kirk said he is done.

Being wrong on other stuff doesn’t make him wrong on this. Sounds like it was a waste of everyone’s time

Hard to say what is going on down there. Typically speaking if someone has done something wrong, they like to see a particular committee go away as not to expose what they have done. Not saying that they are covering up much down there in Iowa. However, I will say I don't trust them but then I don't get the inside scoop of what goes on down there so perhaps I'm wrong in my thinking.

Hard to say what is going on down there. Typically speaking if someone has done something wrong, they like to see a particular committee go away as not to expose what they have done. Not saying that they are covering up much down there in Iowa. However, I will say I don't trust them but then I don't get the inside scoop of what goes on down there so perhaps I'm wrong in my thinking.
I mean Kirk started the committee on his own accord and the committee basically said he should be fired.

If you were him would you keep going to meetings so people you invited to the meeting could tell you you should be fired.

I mean Kirk started the committee on his own accord and the committee basically said he should be fired.

If you were him would you keep going to meetings so people you invited to the meeting could tell you you should be fired.
Did Kirk make the committee to cover his butt and make it look like he was doing something?

My guess is yes, so of course he'd get rid of it at the first chance, especially if they are saying things he didn't want to hear.

No.

Did Kirk make the committee to cover his butt and make it look like he was doing something?

My guess is yes, so of course he'd get rid of it at the first chance, especially if they are saying things he didn't want to hear.
While that may be true.
It is also true it is a waste of everyone’s time to go.
The University of Iowa is public so if there are directives on the record they ar republic record. You could FOIA to find out regardless.

Even so; it is a waste of everyone’s time.
whether Kirk went in with a good faith effort or not doesn’t take away from the fact that the other party didn’t come in good faith.

if the discussion is about improvement and the only solutions you suggest are to fire the people who need improvement…it is a waste of time.

Either fire them and move on
Or don’t fire them and move on.
Iowa has gone with the latter

Unless the buyout isn't too significant, the timing on his eight year extension seems to be quite bad!
They just wrapped up a ten win season coming off the offseason where people claimed it was all falling apart

seems pretty normal timing to me

but I don’t think I would’ve extended him that much for that long. Im not sure he is a threat to leave like he was in 2004. So I guess I just think it’s bad read of the market by the Iowa admin

They just wrapped up a ten win season coming off the offseason where people claimed it was all falling apart

seems pretty normal timing to me

but I don’t think I would’ve extended him that much for that long. Im not sure he is a threat to leave like he was in 2004. So I guess I just think it’s bad read of the market by the Iowa admin
I just mean that the admin there must be feeling the pressure to fire Kirk, but they would likely have to pony up big to do it with the big extension that was agreed upon!

I just mean that the admin there must be feeling the pressure to fire Kirk, but they would likely have to pony up big to do it with the big extension that was agreed upon!
The administration does not care one bit about the dissolution of that committee

While that may be true.
It is also true it is a waste of everyone’s time to go.
The University of Iowa is public so if there are directives on the record they ar republic record. You could FOIA to find out regardless.

Even so; it is a waste of everyone’s time.
whether Kirk went in with a good faith effort or not doesn’t take away from the fact that the other party didn’t come in good faith.

if the discussion is about improvement and the only solutions you suggest are to fire the people who need improvement…it is a waste of time.

Either fire them and move on
Or don’t fire them and move on.
Iowa has gone with the latter
Not disagreeing really. Just saying it was all a charade and that they didn't likely care at all about the complaints being filed.

Most important thing is ten more years to try to teach his son how to coach...
🤣

Most important thing is ten more years to try to teach his son how to coach...
🤣
Yeah. I aspire for Minnesota to have a program like Iowa but as long as Brian is there they kind of are what they are and we don’t have to worry about them getting better

Jan 16
"I have come to a decision that this is an appropriate time to dissolve our committee as it stands currently," Ferentz wrote in an email to the 10-member committee Tuesday.

Jan 17
"It has been reported that this group has been disbanded or dissolved. That is not accurate," Ferentz writes.

Jan 16
"I have come to a decision that this is an appropriate time to dissolve our committee as it stands currently," Ferentz wrote in an email to the 10-member committee Tuesday.

Jan 17
"It has been reported that this group has been disbanded or dissolved. That is not accurate," Ferentz writes.
Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia!

Jan 16

Jan 17
Maybe someone should show him where his “Sent Items” folder is.

The Ferentz coaches at Iowa need to be fired immediately!!!

The Ferentz coaches at Iowa need to be fired immediately!!!
No, let them keep going down this road. I don't get why the recruits though haven't caught up with what is going on down there though.

No, let them keep going down this road. I don't get why the recruits though haven't caught up with what is going on down there though.
What exactly is it that is "going on down there"? Just asking out of curiosity

What is "going on" is that multiple former Black players have accused the football program of overt racism.
Their law suit is yet to be tried and is probably in pre trail negotiations.
The most egregious racist was the S&C coach who should have been fired long ago when he put
multiple players in the hospital with rhabdomyolysis as a consequence of his forced exercise program.
Ferentz resisted but did finally fire the guy who left with a golden parachute.
Ferentz is a fixture there and will stay in coaching so his pathetic son has a job; much like Tubby Smith did.
Other coaches will use the IA racism charges when they are competing with IA for a Black player but how much it hurts recruiting has yet to be seen.

What is "going on" is that multiple former Black players have accused the football program of overt racism.
The most egregious racist was the S&C coach who should have been fired long ago when he put
multiple players in the hospital with rhabdomyolysis as a consequence of his forced exercise program.
Ferentz is a fixture there and will stay in coaching so his pathetic son has a job; much like Tubby Smith did.
Other coaches will use the IA racism charges when they are competing with IA for a Black player but how much it hurts recruiting has yet to be seen.
I would argue how much it hurts recruiting has been seen.

it doesn’t

Hmmmmm..... at the risk of remotely defending the pig farmers from down south, one might think that if it were literally this egregious, the program would have collapsed by now and a lot more of the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of players and assistant coaches and Athletic Dept staffers and training staff members and student assistants would have spoken up a lot more by now? It's 2022, how easy do you think it is to sweep this shit under the rug nowadays? You might be stupid but you're not that dumb.

A more likely situation is that some players had an axe to grind. I have no doubt some dumb things have been said over the years, like it happens in every locker room and weight room in the country, but if you think this is some kind of program-wide systemic thing going on and we're barely hearing about it now, you've been eating stupid pancakes again.

Absolutely no effect. Read the Hawkeye board. No one has mentioned that they have ever lost a recruit because of this supposedly racist climate.

Even though I partake of stupid cakes, a neat phrase I had not heard of, reading a board for factual knowledge would indeed be stupid.

Top Bottom