Kirk Ciarrocca joins West Virginia as offensive analyst

He was good buds with the head coach there, Neal Brown...almost left Fleck for WVU one year.

Wow, his career is really on a downhill slide. A few years ago he was in line to be a HC, and now slipped to working in the boiler room.

I like Kirk. I wish him well. Franklin screwed him.
Franklin gave him a job and a raise at a high profile school then the offense was awful and Franklin made a move to appease his fan base.

I’m not sure he got screwed. It’s a different way of life at a helmet school.

Franklin gave him a job and a raise at a high profile school then the offense was awful and Franklin made a move to appease his fan base.

I’m not sure he got screwed. It’s a different way of life at a helmet school.
I do not think the offense at Penn State was was awful in 2020. They were second in the Big Ten in yards per game. The were middle of the pack in efficiency according to football outsiders. Football Outsiders had their offense ranked ahead of Indiana.

They suffered from inconsistent, even poor, QB play and lost their top 2 running backs for the season. One before the year and the other in the first game.

I am firmly in the camp that Franklin gave Kirk a raw deal.

Has anyone else seen the HBO series "24/7 College Football"? It was a series that ran in 2019 where each episode was a week in the life (game week) of various selected college programs. They chose an eclectic collection of programs: Washington State, Arizona State, Florida, and Penn State. I really enjoyed it. Well done, well narrated, informative, entertaining.

I provide that background because I actually enjoyed the Penn State episode enough to watch it more than once. Each week they have a "family night" where the coaches bring their families and they all eat together. They sit around the tables while the kids chase around them and occasionally swing by to engage with all the coaches and families. It all had the appearance of that big happy family and was played off as one of the things that makes their program special. I often recall that episode when I think about what a short leash Kirk seemed to have there, and how quickly he was fired after a season that was completely out of the ordinary with tons of extenuating circumstances.

That episode was Purdue game week for them and they were looking at a lot of film of the Boilers playing MN in the coach's scenes. Once the Gophers shocked PSU, it was fun to imagine their "Gopher Game Week" as they suffered the loss at the end of it.

I do not think the offense at Penn State was was awful in 2020. They were second in the Big Ten in yards per game. The were middle of the pack in efficiency according to football outsiders. Football Outsiders had their offense ranked ahead of Indiana.

They suffered from inconsistent, even poor, QB play and lost their top 2 running backs for the season. One before the year and the other in the first game.

I am firmly in the camp that Franklin gave Kirk a raw deal.
For sure you should never blame the OC for poor QB play (even though everyone blamed the loss of KC for Morgan’s step backward)

Penn State beat Indiana, in the first game of the year.

You literally take a knee and run the clock out, game's over. Very rare situation that they didn't practice.

As was said, if they had solid QB play, who knows. They got going the second half of the year.

Gave Ohio State one of their most competitive games.

They can't beat Ohio St, to even make it to the champ game. No one can.

Trying to have as many jobs post-Gophers as Kill?

Tanner Morgan > Sean Clifford

Kirk Ciarrocca > Mike Sanford Jr

What will 2021 bring

Top Bottom