Kirk Ciarocca taking OC job at Penn St

How are coaching salaries meted out over the year? If he is helping coach Penn State in their bowl and not Minnesota in theirs, even though it’s still the 2019 season, I would hope our AD is withholding at least one major check from the contract he didn’t complete. Let Penn State pay him for December.

I think coaches should finish the season they started even if they take another job. McDonalds asks for more than a day’s notice and a “see ya” via press release. We should demand more from the state’s 3rd highest paid public employee.

What a wonderful spot we are in. We legitimately have 3 internals who I think could do the job and are up and comers. They will be promoted ATM some point somewhere if they want to be. We also have a guy in KC who allowed his preferred predecessor to call plays in spring games as well and I guarantee you Simon got feedback on those scrimanges too. If we are going to go to. The next level as a program,we need to get used to guys leaving. It starts with better programs plucking our guys for lateral positions, soon it's for them being HCs at mid level D1 programs. PJ has shown his ability to find young up and comers and ore will want to come here as they see they can't keep climbing the ladder. I would love to see Simon as the OC and WR coach and Patterson move to the QBs. Burns is more of a CEO type and will be a HC soon. Excited to see who our new offensive coach will be that we'll add.

Making a lateral move within the same conference(n)

As Jesus Quintana stated: This (is) bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable

How are coaching salaries meted out over the year? If he is helping coach Penn State in their bowl and not Minnesota in theirs, even though it’s still the 2019 season, I would hope our AD is withholding at least one major check from the contract he didn’t complete. Let Penn State pay him for December.

I think coaches should finish the season they started even if they take another job. McDonalds asks for more than a day’s notice and a “see ya” via press release. We should demand more from the state’s 3rd highest paid public employee.
We probably shouldn’t ever make a darn assistant football coach: “...the state’s 3rd highest paid employee...” if fans are bothering to carry a grudge and get their feathers ruffled when that football god tucks tail and runs off to some fancier football factory institution out East. After all, some fans think a head coach or even an offensive coordinator should be paid
the sun, the moon and the stars so that some fancier football factory out East...or west...or south can’t steal our football god away from our football factory. Pay the coach so much that the coach can never be tempted to leave here.

The longer a person watches this football factory stuff, the more humorous AND predictable it all becomes.

Pay the next one enough so that they will never want to leave us...or at least until we want to fire their uppity butts..coaches just about ALWAYS are tempted by the fruits of a sexier football job. Fact of life. The sad, sorry plight of we GOPHER football fans. Some fans even thought Brewster would be ripped from the womb of the football dynasty he was building here in Minneapolis...

Last edited:

Very good chance that Fleck would not have wanted him to stay on and coach the bowl game. Would be pretty awkward to spend the week with a coach who has already agreed to go coach at another school in the conference.

Pretty sure 2 weeks notice is not a thing in the coaching world.

Very good chance that Fleck would not have wanted him to stay on and coach the bowl game. Would be pretty awkward to spend the week with a coach who has already agreed to go coach at another school in the conference.

Pretty sure 2 weeks notice is not a thing in the coaching world.
2 weeks notice isn't even a thing a lot of places.

At least in the tech world that I've worked at almost every company once it is known you're leaving ... out the door you go, often escorated...

It's not thought of as disrespectful, just the usual / good policy.

What a wonderful spot we are in. We legitimately have 3 internals who I think could do the job and are up and comers. They will be promoted ATM some point somewhere if they want to be. We also have a guy in KC who allowed his preferred predecessor to call plays in spring games as well and I guarantee you Simon got feedback on those scrimanges too. If we are going to go to. The next level as a program,we need to get used to guys leaving. It starts with better programs plucking our guys for lateral positions, soon it's for them being HCs at mid level D1 programs. PJ has shown his ability to find young up and comers and ore will want to come here as they see they can't keep climbing the ladder. I would love to see Simon as the OC and WR coach and Patterson move to the QBs. Burns is more of a CEO type and will be a HC soon. Excited to see who our new offensive coach will be that we'll add.
Preferred predecessor?

Sounds pretty good when you say it like that. Good Riddance KC!

It is a chance for Matt Simon and Clay Patterson to audition.

Top Bottom