Kirby Smart

Smart is a great up and coming coach, but he has spent his entire career in the south and I don't see him being interested or sticking around long term.

I had two concerns. He has been very successful with Saban, so how much of the influence he gets week to week is being able to bounce ideas off of him. And then what you said. He is a South Eastern kind of guy.

Still if he is calling plays I like his DC abilities.

I hear he's a hell of a cook though.

cook_kirby.gif

Smart is a great up and coming coach, but he has spent his entire career in the south and I don't see him being interested or sticking around long term.

Not to mention that he actually played at Georgia. Decent chance he's the next head coach there.

Love the idea, but like others have said, the next SEC job is his and he knows it.

I just don't see a guy with a name like Kirby capturing the hearts and minds of Minnesotans...
;)

Not to mention that he actually played at Georgia. Decent chance he's the next head coach there.

That all depends upon the strength of Will Muschamp's willingness to wait out Mack Brown's tenure. If Muschamp is really willing to wait until 2016 (Mack Brown's current contract), and Mack Brown will actually retire in 2016 (the current plan), then he will honor his commitment as "future head coach".

However, Muschamp is also a Georgia guy. He is from Georgia and went and played football for the Bulldogs. I has said that Texas is "the" job to have, but Georgia is his alma mater, hometown, a great job, and he would be getting paid significatly more (and wouldn't have to wait out Mack Brown).

I have to believe Georgia would prefer Muschamp over Smart, so it really comes down to how bad he wants to wait out Mack Brown.

Top Bottom