Kiondre Thomas finishing up at K State

mggoph

Section 112, Row 1
Reaction score
SIAP

Former #Gophers CB Kiondre Thomas will graduate and transfer to Kansas State for his final year of eligibility. Started games at Minnesota.

Good for him. I really like Sean Lewis and followed them closely this last year. Hopefully he can help them make the move into contention for the MAC

Good luck to Kiondre. He is going back closer to his home in Fort Smith Arkansas. His family can see him play since K-State is about six hours away.

Good for him. I really like Sean Lewis and followed them closely this last year. Hopefully he can help them make the move into contention for the MAC

Kansas State is in the Big 12. You must be thinking of Kent State.

K-State is now coached by former NDSU head coach Chris Klieman, who won four FCS titles in five years in Fargo. Should've been five for five.

His first year at KS (last season), they upset Oklahoma. Nice feather in his cap. Will be interesting to see what they can get done there. Ultimately, tough to pull elite kids out of Texas when they can stay in-state or go to SEC or Oklahoma.

Is there a thread discussing this transfer? I don't remember it. Wasn't Thomas going to get plenty faction here or am I missing something?

Wish him well all the same.

Is there a thread discussing this transfer? I don't remember it. Wasn't Thomas going to get plenty faction here or am I missing something?

Wish him well all the same.

I believe it was mentioned in the Transfer Portal thread that was going on after the bowl game. Quite possible he didn't see a great path to playing time with St. Juste coming on and Durr looking so solid. Also possible he just wanted a change of scenery for his last season. I don't feel like he played nearly as much as expected this past season.

I am watching the entire 2019 season while on my treadmill, (I have a little spare time on my hands). In the first half of the season it is very obvious how well Connie Durr played on one side of the field, and how poorly KiondreThomas was on the other side. Poor tackling, soft in coverage. Benjamin St. Juste was an upgrade, so it makes sense to go somewhere he won’t just be covering kicks on the special teams unit.

He's a solid CB, I think he'll do well there. Best of luck to him.

He's a solid CB, I think he'll do well there. Best of luck to him.
Big XII is much more a passing league than the Big Ten. They’ll need nickel backs, maybe even a 6th true db on the field at times.

Tough time to go to the Big 12 because Texas is back!!!!!! Wait, that was last year, or was it the year before, or the year before, or the...………………...

Top Bottom