Kinnick Stadium Parking

forestlaker

Reaction score
Where do you park at Kinnick Stadium, what is the cost, and how early do you have to get there to get a spot?

Where do you park at Kinnick Stadium, what is the cost, and how early do you have to get there to get a spot?

Kinnick Parking

PARKING FOR FANS OF THE HAWKEYES
WHO ARE NOT CONTRIBUTORS TO
THE NATIONAL I-CLUB

General Public

Lot K
Map location: C-3
Lot color on map: Blue
General public cars. Season parking passes can be purchased in advance from the UI Athletics Ticket Office at a cost of $100 for cars. Parking fees can also be paid on a game-by-game basis at a cost of $20 for cars.

Lot L
Map location: C-4 (Finkbine Golf Course Driving Range)
General public recreational vehicle with prepaid pass only on hard surface lot, cars elsewhere. Season parking passes can be purchased in advance from the UI Athletics Ticket Office at a cost of $100 for cars and $300 for recreational vehicles. Parking fees can also be paid on a game-by-game basis at a cost of $20 for cars.

Lot M (Softball Lot)
General public cars and recreational vehicles. Season parking passes can be purchased in advance from the UI Athletics Ticket Office at a cost of $100 for cars and $300 for recreational vehicles. Parking fees can also be paid on a game-by-game basis at a cost of $20 for cars and $50 for recreational vehicles.

Lot N (Next to Outdoor Track)
General public cars and recreational vehicles. Season parking passes can be purchased in advance from the UI Athletics Ticket Office at a cost of $100 for cars and $300 for recreational vehicles. Parking fees can also be paid on a game-by-game basis at a cost of $20 for cars and $50 for recreational vehicles.

Lot O (Hospital Ramp #2)
Map location: D-4
General public cars, handicap placards only. Season parking passes can be purchased in advance from the UI Athletics Ticket Office at a cost of $100 for cars. Parking fees can also be paid on a game-by-game basis at a cost of $20 for cars.

Lot P (Field House Ramp #4)
General public cars. Season parking passes can be purchased in advance from the UI Athletics Ticket Office at a cost of $100 for cars. Parking fees can also be paid on a game-by-game basis at a cost of $20 for cars.

Lot Q
General public cars only. Season parking passes must be purchased in advance from the UI Athletics Ticket Office at a cost of $90 for cars. Parking fees may also be paid on a game-by-game basis at a cost of $20 for cars.

Lot R (Newton Road Ramp)
Map location: D-3
General public cars. Parking fees are paid on a game-by-game basis at an hourly rate of $1.00/hour for cars.

Lot S (UI Main Library)
General public cars. Parking fees are paid on a game-by-game basis at an hourly rate of $1.00/hour for cars.

Lot T (Lot 11)
Map location: E-4

FREE PARKING OPTIONS

Lot W (Hancher Auditorium)
Map location: E-3
Lot color on map: Red
Free cars and recreational vehicles, shuttle service provided to and from the Newton Road Loop between the Health Sciences Library and the Dental College Building.

Lot U (Hawkeye Commuter)
Map location: B-3
Lot color on map: Red
Free cars and recreational vehicles, shuttle service provided to and from the east side of Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Elliott Dr.

Lot V (UI Athletics Hall of Fame and Museum)
Map location: C-4
Free cars and recreational vehicles, shuttle service provided to and from the east side of Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Elliott Dr.

Hawkeye Express
- Map location: B-1
Free cars and recreational vehicles. Train tickets cost $12 for adults; boys and girls high school aged and younger free but must have a (free) train ticket to board. May exchange one prepaid pass for two free tickets.

I parked in a ramp just past the stadium (near a hospital?). It was an 11:00 kickoff and we were to campus around 8:30-9:00 and didn't have much trouble finding a spot. We weren't looking to tailgate or party much before the game - that may change your plans. The one thing I do remember is that traffic was horrible after the game.

We always park at Finkbine and enter/exit from the west. Good for tailgaiting with wide open spaces. Two hours before KO has worked good for us. Its a nice walk.

I got my tickets in the mail yesterday. I'm planning on parking in the Hawkeye express lot and taking the train. It'd probably the fastest way in and out of the game.

We always park at Finkbine and enter/exit from the west. Good for tailgaiting with wide open spaces. Two hours before KO has worked good for us. Its a nice walk.

We've done the same. Other than the pompous Iowa fans and the fact that we are in Iowa City, Iowa, it's a great walk.

We've done the same. Other than the pompous Iowa fans and the fact that we are in Iowa City, Iowa, it's a great walk.

I'm not going this year, but I've noticed the Iowa fans in IC are much more tolerable than the ones that make the trip to Minneapolis.

That place is absolutely terrible at dispersing a crowd, though. Three hours after the game, the traffic is still jammed on all the routes away from the stadium.

I went to the game a few years ago and had as good a time as you possibly can in Iowa City being a Gopher Fan. We tailgated at Finkbine and got there around 7am and had a blast. We played a gopher fan vs. hawkeye fan touch football game and ate some amazing tailgating food. The walk to the stdium took as bit but I thought the Hawkeye fans at finkbine were at least civil and we even got a few "thanks for coming" nice to see rival fans travel and be resepectful which we were.

I went to the game a few years ago and had as good a time as you possibly can in Iowa City being a Gopher Fan. We tailgated at Finkbine and got there around 7am and had a blast. We played a gopher fan vs. hawkeye fan touch football game and ate some amazing tailgating food. The walk to the stdium took as bit but I thought the Hawkeye fans at finkbine were at least civil and we even got a few "thanks for coming" nice to see rival fans travel and be resepectful which we were.

It's odd, I've found the fans in Iowa City to be more than cordial to a visiting Minnesota fan, but the ones who come to the U are trash, on the whole. Must be somethin' in the big city water.

I don't remember exactly how we did it, but set up big tailgate in some dudes yard right across from the stadium. We did set it up in advance though. Guessing you show up early enough, you could just park in someone's yard. Good times. That was several years ago, guess it could have changed, but I'd check it out.

Park in Ankeny and start walking to Ames and have a beer with Royce White.

Re: Directions to Kinnick Stadium parking

From Minneapolis:

Go south till you smell it, then east until you step in it.

You can park downtown and walk up to the stadium. Lots of people seem to do that. Then walk back after the game and spend time downtown while traffic clears.

It's odd, I've found the fans in Iowa City to be more than cordial to a visiting Minnesota fan, but the ones who come to the U are trash, on the whole. Must be somethin' in the big city water.

Good chance that many of the Iowa fans who come to the game up here live up here. The come to the game with built in resentments. Just a thought.

My girlfriend is a Hawkeye so I will be making my first trip to Kinnick. I will be tailgating with her friends so I will be surrounded by cordial Iowa fans. To me it's simple go support your team, but win or lose don't be a Jackass and you will be ok. I do it every year at Wisconsin. Guys who are looking for trouble will find you if you stoop to that level.

Top Bottom