Kind of Slow Around Here...

I was impressed by the full court pass Rodney made.

I was impressed by the full court pass Rodney made.
And another nice bounce pass ... Two passes for Rodney in one vid. And several nice drives.

Much, MUCH better than those fricking slam contests. Why did it take a KU site to show it to us?

Well most people don't show simple bounce passes in highlight videos simply because everyone can do it. Not everyone can do a 360 from the free throw line or a lot of the other dunks that Rodney can do, which is why people typically show those things. I normally don't put things like basic passes and setting screens in my videos because although you might call it a good video, most people I know call it boring. I love that video though and I'm excited for Rodney to play for us.

Well most people don't show simple bounce passes in highlight videos simply because everyone can do it. Not everyone can do a 360 from the free throw line or a lot of the other dunks that Rodney can do, which is why people typically show those things. I normally don't put things like basic passes and setting screens in my videos because although you might call it a good video, most people I know call it boring. I love that video though and I'm excited for Rodney to play for us.
So your answer is that KU fans can appreciate good fundamental basketball .. and around here we call it boring.

So your answer is that KU fans can appreciate good fundamental basketball .. and around here we call it boring.

No I'm saying if you put together a video srictly of fundamentals it would be boring to watch. Imagine watching a video where it only highlights people's ability to chin the ball when they come down for rebounds and highlighting their ability to get in perfect defensive stance and executing a perfect boxout. Would most people really want to watch that? They're all important things in basketball...I'm saying they're just not what people look for in a highlight video. If that's what you like in a video that's fine, I'm just stating my personal opinion.

Why did it take a KU site to show it to us?

Well, the event took place at KU, so that likely has something to do with it. Also, that video is from a year ago, so it isn't exactly new. I remember watching that last year after someone posted it on here.

Top Bottom