"Kim Gets 6th Seaso" Tweet

gophergrad

Reaction score
Per Marcus tweet Kim Royston was granted a 6th year. Great news, for the Def. Especially if Troy is gone.

The tweet: I just heard safety Kim Royston was awarded 6th-yr of eligibility for Gophers. Congrats to him after such a tough road. Kill can use him.

Great news! He'll be our leader on D and strengthen the secondary. I'm starting to get kind of optimistic about next season!

Wow. I am ecstatic that I was wrong about his chances of getting a 6th year. You hate to see a player who paid his own way and worked his tail off's career end with an injury.

This really helps our secondary.

Great news. Hope we hear some good news on Stoudermire as well. With those two in the defensive backfield, things would look fairly decent back there.

Great news. Hope we hear some good news on Stoudermire as well. With those two in the defensive backfield, things would look fairly decent back there.

Stoudermire will almost certainly be back.

CB - Carter
CB - Stoudermire
FS - Royston
SS - Manuel /Watkins

I like it!

borat-very-nice.jpg

Very good news.

I think the NCAA needs to amend rules to allow an extra year for ANYONE with a legitimate injury that cost them a full year. I would be ok with the NCAA saying one play and your eligibility for a medical hardship is gone for the year.

Finally, we have a staff that knows you can file for a Medical Hardship. We now have a player who filed and it was granted. It was texbook and it is great!

Finally, we have a staff that knows you can file for a Medical Hardship. We now have a player who filed and it was granted. It was texbook and it is great!

I've seen you make this comment twice now...just curious about the event to which you are referring...

Great news, I have dreams of Royston rushing the Wisconsin sideline and grabbing the axe..

Awesome news!! Welcome back, Royston!!!

I'm totally going to overuse this with signing day coming up.

picture.php

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else but has Kim stated that he would for sure be back if granted the extra year? I seem to recall reading that his dad wasn't quite sure about paying out another year of tuition. Has this been resolved or was it never an issue? I would be great to have him back The defensive backfield looks much more solid with him in it.

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else but has Kim stated that he would for sure be back if granted the extra year? I seem to recall reading that his dad wasn't quite sure about paying out another year of tuition. Has this been resolved or was it never an issue? I would be great to have him back The defensive backfield looks much more solid with him in it.

I know what you're saying and wondered the same thing, but the Star Trib article has quotes from Kim that he's excited and looking forward to next year. He'll be back.

His new to-do list: Register for graduate classes on Monday (he's already earned his communications degree) and prepare for spring practice, with his leg 100 percent healed.

"It's been a wild roller-coaster ride," said Royston, who will provide some valuable leadership for a young defense. "I'm happy that something good has come of it."

I don't know what event you want me to answer.

You've made comments about the U not looking out for the players welfare vis-a-vis medical hardship waivers. I'm wondering who you think they should have petitioned on the behalf of in previous years.

Maybe this deserves it's own thread but it's another Marcus tweet. He thinks that Troy will be back too. I think everyone would agree that having Kim and Troy is a best case scenario for next year.

Here is the tweet:
@gophersnow Word is that Stoudermire should be coming back as well in the secondary along with Carter. Add Manuel and Royston and secondary isn't bad.

Maybe this deserves it's own thread but it's another Marcus tweet. He thinks that Troy will be back too. I think everyone would agree that having Kim and Troy is a best case scenario for next year.

Here is the tweet:
@gophersnow Word is that Stoudermire should be coming back as well in the secondary along with Carter. Add Manuel and Royston and secondary isn't bad.

Don't forget Kenny Watkins too!

This is better news than anything from the recruiting trail! Big win for Kill!

First the wife let me sleep until 11:00 and now this! Sweet!

Top Bottom