Killjoy....

Spoofin

Reaction score
Can we get this over with? I was wrong. Gave us too much credit and TCU not enough. I guess I'm a homer after all.

You have to have the bodies to match. We don't. We cannot put in freshmen that are still under development and expect to play to expectations. Play calling has been designed to minimize mistakes to cover for our evolutionary failings. Now that we have been run stuffed, it exposes our continued weakness along the line.

The reason you recruit 4 offensive linemen each year is for the strength and conditioning program to make up ground and balance out natural ability with developed ability. Even then, the natural ability guys will build up over 4 years and still outdistance our guys. You start with a deficit, you end with a deficit that still exists to some extent.

I also thought we would be more competitive that this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The B1G regressed while we got marginally better, this program has a loooong way to go.

You have to have the bodies to match. We don't. We cannot put in freshmen that are still under development and expect to play to expectations. Play calling has been designed to minimize mistakes to cover for our evolutionary failings. Now that we have been run stuffed, it exposes our continued weakness along the line.

The reason you recruit 4 offensive linemen each year is for the strength and conditioning program to make up ground and balance out natural ability with developed ability. Even then, the natural ability guys will build up over 4 years and still outdistance our guys. You start with a deficit, you end with a deficit that still exists to some extent.

That's on the coaches. They've had several recruiting classes to build depth. After their third full class they are still playing true freshmen. Scary.

That's on the coaches. They've had several recruiting classes to build depth. After their third full class they are still playing true freshmen. Scary.

I was thinking that today too. I'm nervous. I like so much about the program right nw: stability on staff, recruiting solid kids who are doing it in the classroom; good special teams play; increased discipline all over the place; an "identity" on both sides of the ball. But yeah, things like this still make me nervous that we still haven't found our coach. You know...THE coach.

Top Bottom