Kill on Kare11 @10pm Tonight

Here is the link:

Tackle Cancer: Jerry Kill's battle with cancer, epilepsy

"I know there's speculation about whether this guy can do that or not," Kill said. "I've been dealing with it for eight years and we've won a lot of football games. I think there's a false illusion it happened during the football season, not true. I've had them off and on over the past eight years at different periods of time."

Rebecca Kill says she's not as scared as she used to be.

"As I've been around him more, they're not quite as frightening because I've made myself understand that he's going to be OK," Rebecca said. "It's just something that's going to last a minute or two."

http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1039442/396/Tackle-Cancer-Jerry-Kills-battle-with-cancer-epilepsy

Go Gophers!!

This is a great first step in bringing Jerry to Minnesota. Not articles in the paper or games on TV. Or even his weekly radio show. This is Kare 11, News Anchor in the home of Jerry and Rebecca Kill. 10 PM News. It puts a human face on Jerry to everyone. Not just Gopher Fans. I applaud Randy and Kare 11. This stands in stark contrast to the snark, taking unfounded, ignorant pot shots from a Column.

This is a great first step in bringing Jerry to Minnesota. Not articles in the paper or games on TV. Or even his weekly radio show. This is Kare 11, News Anchor in the home of Jerry and Rebecca Kill. 10 PM News. It puts a human face on Jerry to everyone. Not just Gopher Fans. I applaud Randy and Kare 11. This stands in stark contrast to the snark, taking unfounded, ignorant pot shots from a Column.

Agree completely. I also respected that the seizure wasn't completely ignored like the elephant in the room, but also didn't become the focus. It was meant to be a discussion about supporting cancer research and Jerry Kill's battle with cancer, and that's what it was. I think Randy Shaver did an outstanding job with the piece. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend you view it on Kare 11's website. http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1039442/396/Tackle-Cancer-Jerry-Kills-battle-with-cancer-epilepsy

Agree completely. I also respected that the seizure wasn't completely ignored like the elephant in the room, but also didn't become the focus. It was meant to be a discussion about supporting cancer research and Jerry Kill's battle with cancer, and that's what it was. I think Randy Shaver did an outstanding job with the piece. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend you view it on Kare 11's website. http://www.kare11.com/news/article/1039442/396/Tackle-Cancer-Jerry-Kills-battle-with-cancer-epilepsy

It's amazing what happens when a group of adults get together and talk about something that they have knowledge in.

If Randy Shaver can become a Gopher Fan then anything, anything is possible.

If Randy Shaver can become a Gopher Fan then anything, anything is possible.

Can someone enlighten me as to the problem with Shaver? I'll admit that I don't really watch much Kare11, but my minimal experience with him through occasionally listening to the 93X morning show makes me think he's a pretty decent guy.

Can someone enlighten me as to the problem with Shaver? I'll admit that I don't really watch much Kare11, but my minimal experience with him through occasionally listening to the 93X morning show makes me think he's a pretty decent guy.

Might be, don't know. It's the channel we tend to watch the most. He's developed a reputation of being a little snide and surly at least on the air. That was the talk when he didn't get the Anchor job the first time around. Honestly, it looked pretty well deserved after he lost that job. Maybe even a little understandable, considering the circumstances. Since he finally got that anchor job haven't seen much of the negative stuff, but it still creeps in.

When it comes to past Gopher coverage only Mike Max surpassed him for the aforementioned level of "snideness" IMHO. That's why last night's segment was such a revelation. Guessing it was all based on Shaver being able to emphasize with Kill's predicament and their shared charity interests. People shouldn't forget that it was Kill's battles with cancer that originally were considered the sticking point to him moving-up to a BCS job. Shaver must have received a lot of "he should QUIT", or "his health can't take it" letters when he got cancer himself years back. The public hasn't changed that much.

He seemed genuinely sympathetic to Kill and his wife. Hope the Gophers and Kill continue to do well, and hope Shaver's present position doesn't change either.

I've done Taxline11 a few times. All of the personalities have to walk by us at some time or another. Everybody but Randy will say hi or interact with us. He doesn't even look our way.

Top Bottom