Kill on Harbison

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Kill on Jamel Harbison's injury: "I don't know what his status is, but I don't think it's great." Not a good sign.

Tweet from Nate Sandell

the only plus is if it is serious, he will be undoubtably granted a medical redshirt. but this would be a tough guy to lose for an offense needing playmakers.

I think it would just be a redshirt. I think a medical harship waiver is only after you've used up your redshirt, but I could be wrong about that.

CBSSports Network did a horrible job last night. I had no idea he went out. Starting receiver goes out with an ACL and no one says anything. horrible

CBSSports Network did a horrible job last night. I had no idea he went out. Starting receiver goes out with an ACL and no one says anything. horrible

I was thinking the same thing. cBS's coverage of the game was very poor. Their pacing of coverage was odd.

Guess that was one benefit of having to listen to Mike Grimm on Gopher radio - he and Darryl and Gardsie were all over it. And that FireDaveLee guy was right - Mike is much better.

The commentary and especially the camera work for this game was as bad as it gets!

Yeah, I don't know what the sideline reporter was doing all game long. A good one would have been all over that.

The commentary and especially the camera work for this game was as bad as it gets!

When two traditional bottom-feeders get together for a weeknight game that starts at nearly midnight on the east coast, I'm just happy it's televised at all. I didn't expect CBS' A Team. They could have had Roseanne Barr and Bob Dylan screaming and mumbling and I still would have watched.

Damn, I don't think I remember hearing his name once last night. This would be a bummer if he was out the season.

This probably happened during the half of a drive that the sideline reporter spent talking to the (wife/gf) down on the field, about her relationship with one of the UNLV guys. Forgive me, but not only was the story unimportant to me, but the timing of it was horrible. Missed several plays by the Gopher offense while they had the cameras on her.

I think it would just be a redshirt. I think a medical harship waiver is only after you've used up your redshirt, but I could be wrong about that.

i believe, and emphasize that word, that it has to be medical because he technically played and therefore burned his redshirt. i may be wrong on this but i think that's how it goes. now how that would affect getting a potential 6th year if it came down to it, i do not know that either

If you play, you cannot redshirt.

If you miss > the last 65% (I think) of the season due to injury, you are eligible for a medical hardship, and a 5th year.

If you miss > the last 65% (I think) of the season due to injury, you are eligible for a medical hardship, and a 5th year.

So my understanding is that he'll keep the year of eligibility no matter what. He will not, however, be eligible for a 6th year if something like that were to happen. IMO it's good to get McDonald and Harbison out of the same class, however, I wish it didn't happen like this. Still hoping for good news on his MRI (If he ever gets one... Don't know why it's so quiet).

Do we think this happened on the end around? Was that his last play? That was an awkward hit that concerned me at the time.

Asked Marquise on twitter if they know anything. He said nothing still.

Medical redshirt is what you're looking for. Medical hardship is 6th year.

Top Bottom