Kill? Hoke?

46Gophers

Reaction score
Looking back I am so thankful that we did not hire Brady Hoke as our coach and hired Jerry Kill!! I find it absolutely amazing that with the talent Michigan gets year in and year out that they always seem to underachieve. Jerry and staff have elevated our level of recruits and seem to do an excellent job "coaching them up". After seeing how Hoke handled his injured Qb yesterday I know as a parent, I would have major concerns with my son going to Michigan with him as the head coach.

When Coach Kill was hired, some people thought we hired a pig in a poke.
When Michigan hired Hoke, they got a joke.

GO GOPHERS!!!

GO GOPHERS!!!

Doc, exactly how long have you been working on your poetry career?

Looking back I am so thankful that we did not hire Brady Hoke as our coach and hired Jerry Kill!! I find it absolutely amazing that with the talent Michigan gets year in and year out that they always seem to underachieve. Jerry and staff have elevated our level of recruits and seem to do an excellent job "coaching them up". After seeing how Hoke handled his injured Qb yesterday I know as a parent, I would have major concerns with my son going to Michigan with him as the head coach.

apparently you are not the only one with that sentiment....

"Hoke should be fired tomorrow. This is no longer about wins and losses. This is about a coach who is completely clueless on the sidelines to the point where he is putting his players at serious risk of injury. You saw what Hoke just did. Why would any parent in America want to send his or her son to Ann Arbor to play for Hoke after seeing what he just put Morris through? I certainly would not. And, if I was Morris' father, I would be absolutely appalled and irate at Hoke for his (in)action."

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2014/9/28...e-brady-hoke-hot-seat-shane-morris-concussion

Doc, exactly how long have you been working on your poetry career?

Since I learned to talk about 69 years ago
So I answered your question.
Are you glad to know?

I pray for
A deaf mute gymnast
Nymphomanic
With big boobs
Who owns a bar
On a golf course
And loves to send me
Fishing and drinking.
This doesn't rhyme,
And I don't give a schidt.

:cool02::cool02::cool02:

What does LeeAnn Rhymes have to do with this???

apparently you are not the only one with that sentiment....

"Hoke should be fired tomorrow. This is no longer about wins and losses. This is about a coach who is completely clueless on the sidelines to the point where he is putting his players at serious risk of injury. You saw what Hoke just did. Why would any parent in America want to send his or her son to Ann Arbor to play for Hoke after seeing what he just put Morris through? I certainly would not. And, if I was Morris' father, I would be absolutely appalled and irate at Hoke for his (in)action."

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2014/9/28...e-brady-hoke-hot-seat-shane-morris-concussion

It was one of the most bizarre situations I have seen in a long time. Everyone in America knew he shouldn't be out there anymore except the coaching and training staff at Michigan.

I give up....what does she have to do with this?

She is my new gal who drives my jeep to make sure I have plenty of beer. She is one cool chick.

She hides away at my place, mows the lawn, sits at the picnic table and has a beer with me, and the Concordia College gals don't have a clue.

I think its getting blown out of proportion. Morris kept himself in and Hoke did not force him to stay in. He wanted to stay. Now I know most players want to play through injuries and it shouldn't be up to them but everyone acts like it was Morris who was begging to come out and Hoke didn't let him which simply wasn't the case.

I think its getting blown out of proportion. Morris kept himself in and Hoke did not force him to stay in. He wanted to stay. Now I know most players want to play through injuries and it shouldn't be up to them but everyone acts like it was Morris who was begging to come out and Hoke didn't let him which simply wasn't the case.
When a coaching staff/training staff cannot see how bad one of their players is struggling physically, especially someone as visible as a quarterback, and doesn't respond by pulling him, there are some serious issues. Then to put him back out there for 1 play instead of taking a timeout and putting in their 3rd stringer for the play says a lot about their coaching staff and their concern about their players.

That's not an excuse at all. Players try to play with injuries all the time when they clearly shouldn't and competent coaches and trainers don't let them.

When a coaching staff/training staff cannot see how bad one of their players is struggling physically, especially someone as visible as a quarterback, and doesn't respond by pulling him, there are some serious issues. Then to put him back out there for 1 play instead of taking a timeout and putting in their 3rd stringer for the play says a lot about their coaching staff and their concern about their players.

As soon as the backup comes in the game, you need to be sure that that the 3rd string is ready to go in.

This theory only flies in a world that doesn't know about concussions. Hoke left him in to be a "tough guy" without consideration for his health. IMO, Hoke could be fired for what he did.

Morris started struggling after he escaped from the endzone. He twisted either his ankle or knee. He came up limping. They ran another play and he went to the bench and no trainer approached him. It only got worse from there. And now the University of Michigan has come out supporting Coach Hoke's handling of Morris. That's right they support the coach

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/michigan-wolverines-brady-hoke-qb-shane-morris-injury-concussion-092814

This is truly a dumpster fire. The AD is in deep trouble for his handling of tickets, and the Football program. This is will take the President to step in and call the end of Hoke and The AD.

Morris started struggling after he escaped from the endzone. He twisted either his ankle or knee. He came up limping. They ran another play and he went to the bench and no trainer approached him. It only got worse from there. And now the University of Michigan has come out supporting Coach Hoke's handling of Morris. That's right they support the coach

Sounds very familiar to a certain incident back in 2011 where the Iowa strength & conditioning coaches wonderful workout resulted in 13 players being hospitalized due to Rhabdomyolysis and they continued to support their strength coaches.

If you go back to the tape, when Gardner came out for a third down play, number 8 Russell Bellomy a red shirt junior grab his helmet and ran to the field. He was pulled back, and they sent Morris back into the game. That should be final straw for any recruit considering Michigan, or at least Parents should say no, not Michigan.

If you go back to the tape, when Gardner came out for a third down play, number 8 Russell Bellomy a red shirt junior grab his helmet and ran to the field. He was pulled back, and they sent Morris back into the game. That should be final straw for any recruit considering Michigan, or at least Parents should say no, not Michigan.

He couldn't find his helmet. That's why he was pulled back.

I have a theory after my incredible day Saturday, which included some conversations and observations. It's possible Hoke would have thrived at Minnesota. Michigan is more concerned with fluff than substance, which is contrary to Hoke's style. They are more concerned with where their recruiting class ranks according to people who don't matter and he may have erred in succumbing to certain pressures. Killer, meanwhile, beleives in his system and is overcoming the challenges of the difference in recruits' attitudes about the status of the two programs.

I think Hoke is a good man, a good coach, but the Michigan fan base, administration, boosters, etc. are only concerned with the bottom line and they have their priorities confused.

It's on the training staff -- not the coaches -- that Morris played when he shouldn't have been cleared.

Then they should take a timeout (if they have one), or a direct snap. I know he is just handing the ball off, but why expose him to more injury? It seems shortsighted.

Morris's helmet should have been pulled when he got hit with a possible concussion.

Brady Hoke is playing plausible deniability, but then you need to look at why his staff failed to keep him informed.

Not Morris' decision to make

Morris was visibly hurt to anyone watching. Then he aggravated the original injury on multiple subsequent occasions. It is not his decision whether he stays in the game when injured or at least it shouldn't be. The fact that no trainer looked at Morris hobbling off the field time after time the offense was forced to punt on multiple occasions is really bizarre. That can't be standard Michigan injury protocol? There had to be something going on with Hoke and Gardner as Gardner pouted throughout. It seemed obvious Hoke did not want to play Gardner to the point of playing an injured Morris.

Morris initially said he was fine when it first happened and his body language said he wanted to play. As he aggravated the injury everything about him said please take me out coach. Hoke's comment was he didn't notice Morris was hurt. I'd say there are two possibilities to that comment: (1) Hoke is a complete idiot and watching cheerleaders or something because it was impossible not to see Morris limping. (2) Hoke didn't want to answer the question (because of the Gardner drama) so he chose to lie. Either answer if he isn't fired he is on double secret probation.

There were so many things that said Hoke just is not in control...lots of poor decisions and signs of
an undisciplined team.

Looking back I am so thankful that we did not hire Brady Hoke as our coach and hired Jerry Kill!! I find it absolutely amazing that with the talent Michigan gets year in and year out that they always seem to underachieve. Jerry and staff have elevated our level of recruits and seem to do an excellent job "coaching them up". After seeing how Hoke handled his injured QB yesterday I know as a parent, I would have major concerns with my son going to Michigan with him as the head coach.

Great point, as Hoke looked very good at the time (he snubbed us, was the report). Watching the game, he just doesn't seem that bright - Gardner should have started the second half and what they did later with the injured QB was just short of criminal. This year's Wolves would be doing better with a more competent coach. Glad we have Jerry, Claeys & co.

Is anybody else thinking about what AJ Barker would have done in this situation? I'm hearing in a whiny Jerry Lewis-esque voice, "I got hurt and you didn't care! And you yelled at me in practice!"

GO GOPHERS!!!

Doc, stick to beer and snarky comments.

Top Bottom