Kill Article in the PPress

I am no authority on loyalty but I've thought about it some. It is apparent that Kill is very supportive of his staff, is honest with them and treats them well - he is thus incredibly easy to be loyal to. And his assistants are. Pretty simple really, but not often done.

I am no authority on loyalty but I've thought about it some. It is apparent that Kill is very supportive of his staff, is honest with them and treats them well - he is thus incredibly easy to be loyal to. And his assistants are. Pretty simple really, but not often done.

He also works as hard as they do, knows his stuff as an offensive FB coach. Further, they think they have a chance to win by working as a group because they have confidence in each other. They know he will not settle for bad performance from anyone, and he has picked a bunch of guys that respect that philosophy.

He also works as hard as they do, knows his stuff as an offensive FB coach. Further, they think they have a chance to win by working as a group because they have confidence in each other. They know he will not settle for bad performance from anyone, and he has picked a bunch of guys that respect that philosophy.

+1 - I have always liked Kill because he has always shown, per your comments above two very important attributes, i.e. true leadership skills and management skills. People are often attributed with these skills but really don't have them. Jerry on the other hand demonstrates these skills every day as he does what ever he can to make the program better. It is this, along with a tremendous focus and drive that separates him from a lot of coaches. He is certainly not perfect but he is something special.

+1 - I have always liked Kill because he has always shown, per your comments above two very important attributes, i.e. true leadership skills and management skills. People are often attributed with these skills but really don't have them. Jerry on the other hand demonstrates these skills every day as he does what ever he can to make the program better. It is this, along with a tremendous focus and drive that separates him from a lot of coaches. He is certainly not perfect but he is something special.

Perfectly stated. The players and coaches believe in themselves and that's why I, as a fan, believe in them.

Wow. Strong stuff. That's awesome.

just being a pokey stick but do SIU and NIU fans think JK is Loyal?

Top Bottom