Kill and the media

Reaction score
I personally love what this staff is doing with the media. As far as I know they have been on every major sports talk media in the area. I hope Kill and his staff continue to go on the likes of KFAN and AM 1500. Now I know that there haven't been any games yet, so the Barrieros of the world haven't had a chance to rip into him yet, but I hope he continues everything with all the different shows.

I couldn't stand that Brewster refused to go on KFAN or any other shows besides 830. It may have been a nice reality check for Brew if he had listened to other opinions besides the paid ones at CCO. Another positive seems to be that all the shows came away with a positive attitude towards Kill and his staff.

Hope they keep it up because I am really enjoying all this Gopher football talk in the recent weeks!

IMO, if Kill grants Reusse and Barriero as many interviews as requested the negativity will dwindle to almost nothing. Both guys liked Kill and coach Kill keeps going to them and answering tough questions he will gain respect by virtually everyone. Keep it up Coach it is smart to head them off at the past. Who knows their negativity might be nothing and they might even cheer for the Gophers. LOL. Fat chance.

"Fat chance."

4four4...How dare you use this terminology and Reusse in the same context. :)

It will be harder for both to be negative when they will be having regular interaction. Brewster became an over exaggerated cartoon character partially because they were so disconnected with him and his staff.

The program appears to finally have someone in the office who understands the public relations side of the business and Kill and his assistants appear to be making themselves available to the media in a very big way. From what I have seen of Kill so far, the thing that impresses me most is his level of affable confidence and his seeming willingness to allow transparency into his program. He's a real "what you see is what you get" kind of guy.

Brewster and Mason were no shrinking violets, but their first order of business always seemed to be to deflect criticism.

Coach Kill knows what it takes to build a successful program. Informing the public is part of that process. This is certainly foreign to Minnesota fans and is very refreshing for fans to have the opportunity to understand how Coach Kill operates and his philosophy. He stated that this is Minnesota's team and that he needs everyones help in order to be successful. He is certainly doing his part.

I am extremely impressed with Coach Kill.

Kill won't fit into the KFAKE strategy of fake guests (Gerbschmidt), fake stories and other made up trash.

Top Bottom