Kiffin

GG07

Reaction score
What a classless SOB. Not only does he go for 2 twice and fail, but goes on 4th down once or twice. Failing. He gets interviewed after and doesn't congratulate the Gophers for a good game or say we played good but says HIS team did bad. Maybe he should think his coaching is bad. I thought it was. Arrogant bastard.

He was arrogant and just about cost his team the game. If we kicked a field goal, it would have been his two point conversion misses that cost them the game. I certainly wouldn't be excited with him out there in Trojan land. He's more likely to get them the death penalty than coach them to a national title.

At least he has bunches and bunches of 5 star recruits. Wish I had the quote handy where he keeps bringing that up. Dr Suess has a bunch of recruits with stars on thars as well.

Horrible...the Gophers can take so much positive from this game...Kiffin could have admitted as much...of course, the would have to admit that he got outcoached.

The two-point conversion after every TD is a wrinkle brought from Fresno State by special teams coach John Baxter. As a Trojan fan, I'm tired of seeing it - it isn't accomplishing anything that I can see.

Kiffen may not have been willing to compliment the Gophers, but I will. It had to be fun for you to see your guys play with heart and determination, and seize control of the game in the second half. I'll have one eye on the scoreboard for the rest of the season, watching to see how you're doing. I expect that you'll do very well - much better than the pundits have expected.

'SC on the other hand has a lot of work to do - and Kiffin may not be up to the task. Disappointing to me to hear him throw his team under the bus. Laying blame on the players isn't what a coach should do - accepting blame for his own shortcomings would have been classier. USC fans were spoiled during the past several years, and expectations are high. Not sure Kiffin can meet them.

As a Jefferson grad I've wanted Kiffin to succeed as a coach but his manner and ability need to be questioned:
1. He thinks he's Bill Belichick and acts like it
2. Going for two
3. His team's conditioning was atrocious

The two-point conversion after every TD is a wrinkle brought from Fresno State by special teams coach John Baxter. As a Trojan fan, I'm tired of seeing it - it isn't accomplishing anything that I can see.

Kiffen may not have been willing to compliment the Gophers, but I will. It had to be fun for you to see your guys play with heart and determination, and seize control of the game in the second half. I'll have one eye on the scoreboard for the rest of the season, watching to see how you're doing. I expect that you'll do very well - much better than the pundits have expected.

'SC on the other hand has a lot of work to do - and Kiffin may not be up to the task. Disappointing to me to hear him throw his team under the bus. Laying blame on the players isn't what a coach should do - accepting blame for his own shortcomings would have been classier. USC fans were spoiled during the past several years, and expectations are high. Not sure Kiffin can meet them.

One of my best friends is a life time Trojan fan (well in football, he's a UCLA fan in basketball, go wonder). He said about the same thing after the game today. What Kiffin better figure out pretty quick is if you treat your team like crap, you are going to have a hard time getting the top dogs to play for you. That kind of word gets around. Good luck the rest of the way though.

Kudo's to the Gophers for a class game! I bet the bookies nation-wide, took a bath took a bath on the point spread. What was the line again? 26 points?
Go Gophers! Looking forward to a great season!!!

Kudo's to the Gophers for a class game! I bet the bookies nation-wide, took a bath took a bath on the point spread. What was the line again? 26 points?
Go Gophers! Looking forward to a great season!!!

Worked out in my favor!! 21-23 point underdog meant an easy bet! I was a wee bit nervous in the first quarter and then it passed :)

Here's the difference between the two coaches...

Kiffen-Blamed his team
Kill-Took the entire responsibility for his team's performance in the first half for not adequately preparing them.

There seems to be a huge difference in class between the two men...

He was arrogant and just about cost his team the game. If we kicked a field goal, it would have been his two point conversion misses that cost them the game.

His 2 PT CONVERSIONS cost him a lead in our game last year. We went up 14-13 in that game. Then, 12 seconds later, Woods took it 97 yds to the house.

HE IS NOW 0-5 in 2 PT conversions against us the last two years. They failed 3 last year and now 2 today.

I hope he and Baxter keep going for 2. It will eventually bite them in the a$$

Meanwhile, Kill is quoted in Souhan's column:

"I thought we looked nervous," Kill said. "I didn't think we were hustling. I'm not throwing the kids under the bus, that's the head coach's responsibility.

"We'll build from it. The exciting thing is, we got better each quarter."

Stay classy, Kiffen.

He just seems like a guy no one would like, whether he's a football coach or not.

Kiffin is an arrogant, classless, spoiled brat that takes zero responsibility. Fits right in with all the students at Spoiled Children U.

Even worse than the ridiculous conversion attempts was calling the TOs when the Gophers were at midfield and running out the clock in the first half. Aside from the Gophers fumbling, the best case scenario for SC was a Gopher punt from midfield with 20 seconds left leaving the Trojans with a tiny tiny chance of scoring. Worst case the Gophers break a long run and score or much more likely (and what we saw) run for one first down and are left needing only one more for a reasonable length fg attempt.

Risk/reward, that timeout strategy didn't add up and was arrogant (the only way it makes sense for them to do that is if they think they've got a better shot at scoring from their own 15 or so in 10 seconds than we do from midfield in 50.)

As a Jefferson grad I've wanted Kiffin to succeed as a coach...

I'll take it you didn't attend JHS when Lil Kiffy was a student there. I've been around a lot of kids at Jeff for quite some time now, as a friend of a few of the coaches there. One of my most lasting memories is seeing Kiffy (before I knew who he was) walking down the hallways wearing his baby blue (almost UCLA blue?) pants and zip-top, complete with gold chains hanging out and his hat in the "cocked and locked" position and walking with a little "gangsta lean". I asked one of my buddies who West Bloomington's most wanted was, and he just laughed and told me that he was Monte Kiffin's son. He's been a tool for a LONG time.

...and aside from being an asshat to his team, he was just flat-out wrong. Their d-line play was definitely solid, and I'm assuming their secondary play was decent as a whole too (though I didn't see and don't understand it well enough to be sure). I thought their running game was decent in spots, too, though I didn't catch if any particular backs we're more effective than others. Also, it's tough for a bunch of receivers to shine if you're forcing the ball to one guy the entire game. (Which isn't to say that one receiver wasn't effective, but it's not like everyone else was dropping easy touchdowns all over the place.)

One of my best friends is a life time Trojan fan (well in football, he's a UCLA fan in basketball, go wonder). He said about the same thing after the game today. What Kiffin better figure out pretty quick is if you treat your team like crap, you are going to have a hard time getting the top dogs to play for you. That kind of word gets around. Good luck the rest of the way though.

If Kiffin does not do some good things this year with USC, regardless of NCAA penalties, I suspect this will be his last year.

I'm not a fan of Kiffin.. But certainly don't hate him for all the lack of using a kicker. He's simply a big kid playing Madden out there, that's all.

Ugh...HATE those two point conversion tries, our ST coaches seems to love them.

As for going for it on 4th, we're all for it, it's the Trojan way..you don't back down in those situations. Better to not get them than give up.

Anybody but me notice that the USC guy on stadium loudspeaker leading fans in cheers, DEFENSE-DEFENSE etc., kept doing it during the snap count and right up to the snaps? I thought there was some kind of rule, written or unwritten, that the PA, band, etc., shuts down when play is about to begin? Seems that way everywhere I have attended.

The 2pt attempts were flat out stupid and the post game comments just were displays of immaturity.

However, going for it on 4th down wasn't arrogant or stupid. I don't blame him on either occasion and I actually thought it was a sign that he respected the Gophers. If USC was in that same game with Notre Dame, they would have gone for it on 4th...it was probably the right call.

Thought he dissed us.

Before I got off track on PA noise issue, I meant to say that I was really shocked to hear Kiffin's post game comments. His apparent anger about beating our Gophers by ONLY 2 points, seemed completely disrespectful to his team's opponent, as well as his team. What's the saying, as humble in victory as gracious in defeat? I can't see him being either.

I didn't mind him going for the two-point conversions... Gave us a chance to stuff them and kept us in game!

Top Bottom