Kiffin

Lane Kiffin to USC. Wow.

I'm officially not a fan of USC. It's apparent that Kiffin learned his slimy ways from Carroll and got into trouble at Tennessee with them. Now he can go back to USC where the school will allow him to continue the Carroll Way without repercussion. I've never thought of Tennessee as a squeaky clean program, so if Kiffin went over the top there, just think what's been going on at USC the past 9 years, and what will continue to go on.

With an ongoing investigation, you'd think USC would choose someone above he fray. Their True Colors are now on display.

It looks like Kiffin will have to pay Tennessee $800,000 for his buyout.

No *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#, we're lucky he never ended up here. He'd be gone and we'd be *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#ed.

I'm going out on a limb here ... I'm guessing that he never brings USC back to the National Championship game.

Oh, but how much more interesting does that Minnesota/ USC series look now?

I'm going out on a limb here ... I'm guessing that he never brings USC back to the National Championship game.

I'll admit that I'm not rational when it comes to the Gophers, and I just had one of those strange thoughts, we have a chance vs. So Cal next year.

I dunno....the staff he's putting together there looks pretty damn good. And from the sounds of it, Orgeron is already close to luring a couple top recruits along from rocky top to hollywood.
I hate USC even more today than I did yesterday.

I would love our program to be hated like the USC programs. It's better to be hated for winning than loved for perpetual inneptitude.

Minnesotans LOVE hometown boys/girls yet pretty much uniformly dislike Lane. Kind of funny and speaks to his character I guess.

Do Gopher fans honestly wish we had landed this guy?

Those that do must have very fond memories of the Lou Holtz era. Obviously it would have been an exact replay of what happened here 23 years ago. Just substitute "USC" for "Notre Dame".

One of the major reasons Mason was hated here in Minnesota was because there were a lot of people that were still scarred by the Holtz fiasco. The idea that Ohio State might be to Mason what Notre Dame was to Lou Holtz was enought to put a lot of people into "jilted lover" mode and mentally shut-down when it came to objectively considering the football HC status.

The people in Knoxville can take comfort in the fact that Kiffin didn't just convince them to sign a 20-year contract to play in Nasville, share a stadium with the Titans, and hand over a good chunk of their revenues to support the state of Tennesee's professional sports teams.

Head coach at Tennesee isn't an entry level position. He stayed one year. What does that say about him. The fact that USC hired him is inidicative of a problematic administration.

5 players have already decommited from Tenn. If Brew got fired the same thing would happpen to us.

I hate USC even more today than I did yesterday.

I was still debating whether USC would move ahead of Notre Dame and the Yankees as the sports team I hate the most. Then I saw this quote from Kiffin soon after he was hired that I had forgotten.

"You can't count the number of people we've run off because they couldn't keep up, and I'm including secretaries. They had to go because they weren't going to make it, and they knew it."

Bragging about firing secretaries and then running off a year later? "Scumbag" pretty much sums him up and USC is firmly #1 on my hate list.

Top Bottom