Kiffin to USC?

Well, now he’s making Al Davis appear sane.

Add it to his resume, because that's the most impressive thing he's accomplished.

Anyone who knows college football knows that Ed Orgeron is the main deal when it comes to recruiting. Kiffin is all glitz. Orgeron is a deal closer.

Why would he leave the SEC?

Maybe he's discouraged that the SEC just lost its fifth Capital One Bowl in six years to the Big Ten?

Actually, it's probably because Knoxville is a hell-hole.

Not that South Central LA is nice, but with the kind of money he'll get paid he can live up in Malibu and commute. And he could always pretend that Pepperdine is USC's campus.

Maybe he's discouraged that the SEC just lost its fifth Capital One Bowl in six years to the Big Ten?

Actually, it's probably because Knoxville is a hell-hole.

Not that South Central LA is nice, but with the kind of money he'll get paid he can live up in Malibu and commute. And he could always pretend that Pepperdine is USC's campus.
Knoxville's a hell-hole? I beg to differ. World's Fair, 1982. Sunsphere. Although my sources now tell me the Sunsphere is a storage warehouse for a wig store.

Al Davis takes beating from almost everyone, but look at his situation. He is one of the original owners of an AFL team that started with pocket change and in 40 yrs has morphed into a massive money machine. He didn't sell out to the Jerry Jones and Red McCombs. Nope, he is not all NFL cozy like the Rooneys blah blah blah.

I respect his desire to manage his product.

Al Davis takes beating from almost everyone, but look at his situation. He is one of the original owners of an AFL team that started with pocket change and in 40 yrs has morphed into a massive money machine. He didn't sell out to the Jerry Jones and Red McCombs. Nope, he is not all NFL cozy like the Rooneys blah blah blah.

I respect his desire to manage his product.

Not to divert the thread way off topic, but I agree with everything you say, and yes, the desire to manage your own product even in the face of overwhelming criticism is respectable to a degree. The problem is that the current criticism of the Raiders organization is justified. From the terrible draft picks and contracts to the revolving door of bad coaches to the assault charges, it’s not a good situation. There are plenty of great leaders who know when it’s time to step aside. Al Davis is not among them.

Knoxville's a hell-hole? I beg to differ. World's Fair, 1982. Sunsphere. Although my sources now tell me the Sunsphere is a storage warehouse for a wig store.

Play Hosea,
If the city's address doesn't end with MN, then it's a hell-hole in Goldmember's eyes. It's not worth getting into it with him.

Play Hosea,
If the city's address doesn't end with MN, then it's a hell-hole in Goldmember's eyes. It's not worth getting into it with him.

MNCH, way to play the "you're a homer" card. I've been almost everywhere in the country and lived in many different cities. In case you're wondering, I can tell you that there are plenty of places that are much nicer than anywhere in Minnesota (Malibu, which I mention above, definitely included).

If you think a 33-year old millionaire NOT named Jimbob or Cletus is going to be happy about living in Knoxvegas you're just naive.

Then again, you seem to have missed the point of Play Hosea's wonderfully-crafted praise of the 1982 World's Fair.

After reports surfaced that Kiffin was USC-bound, it sounds like he couldn't get out of Knoxville fast enough.

I was listening to the Dan Patrick Show (refuse to listen to KFAN, and Patrick's pretty solid) on the way to work today. He said (through another report) that police and extra security had to be called to the athletics building last night as students/fans started to get the news and, as he put it, the "barbarians (were) at the gates." The clip of the Kiffin presser before leaving town was hilarious. It was obvious it was slapped together to get him the hell out of town ASAP - the mic setup was so bad you could barely hear him talk on the audio when cameras were clicking.

A good question raised on the broadcast - does he change his son's middle name? His kid's name is Monte KNOX Kiffin.

Its official. You are the biggest idiot on this board, and thats saying a LOT.....

I read some of your posts and you haven't said one intelligent thing. You just like to personally attack anyone who disagrees with you. You have issues and I suggest you get some professional help.

Geez, has anybody in the history of coaching gotten as much by proving as little as Lane Kiffin has? Assistant O-Coordinator at a major D1 program to NFL Head Coach(!), FIRED nfl coach, Head Coach at another major D1 program, goes 7-6, and lands one of the highest paying head college jobs in the country!

And does so after a litany of NCAA infractions (supposedly "minor") in his one year as a head coach! This is just laughable...

Our current President?

I know you were talking about coaches. I was trying to be funny

Top Bottom