Kiffin to USC?

This was just reported on ESPN, so I'm pretty sure this wasn't a fleeting idea of yours.

espn just announced and he is bringing his father Monte with.

What # on USC's list was Kiffin?

I still think Sarkisian is the better Carroll protege.

Now who goes to Tennessee? Skip Holtz?

So much for turning Tennessee into a power huh? :eek:

As if Monte Kiffin could stop Fisch (I mean Hohensee), Weber and Co.

Good thing we didn't hire him then, eh?

What a disaster for USC and Tennessee. USC will be sanctioned soon (the only reason Carroll left is because he heard the hammer falling) Tennessee has a coach for one year and then starts the process all over again. Lane Kiffin is a total D-bag for leaving a job after one year. So glad we never had him.

I'm surprised this news hasn't produced at least 5 threads about how it affects SH's decision by now.

Good thing we didn't hire him then, eh?

+1. One of the things I like about Brewster is the perspective I think he's gained from being an assistant for so long and an older first time head coach. I don't think he sees Minnesota as just a stepping stone, I believe Brewster thinks he can really build something here. Young guys with a first head coaching job are just looking to take the next step on the ladder.

Kinda classless to leave Tennessee so soon.

Hiring Kiffin outta keep the NCAA away :rolleyes:

Go Gophers!!

Wow, imagine the negative recruiting spin Kiffin going to spew at Sentreal Henderson regarding Minnnesota. Kiffin, already a putz, is probably still pissed at the U for not giving him the job 3 years ago and I don't think they even offered him a scholly as a local HS player.

Wow, imagine the negative recruiting spin Kiffin going to spew at Sentreal Henderson regarding Minnnesota. Kiffin, already a putz, is probably still pissed at the U for not giving him the job 3 years ago and I don't think they even offered him a scholly as a local HS player.

That's true. It works both ways though. If I were Brewster I would point out that this is Kiffin's 4th job in 4 years, and that as soon as Kiffin gets a shot at a decent NFL job he is gone.

Yes...Kiffin must have such a grudge against Minnesota... NFL head coach, head coach at Tennessee and now rotting at USC

Kinda classless to leave Tennessee so soon.
Especially after the way he stormed into town, ran his mouth and tried to set the world ablaze. Why would he leave the SEC? It's clearly the best conference.

This is a ridiculous hire. When the Raiders fired him I was pretty sure he was getting a raw deal. Well, now he’s making Al Davis appear sane. I don’t get the appeal of this guy.

Geez, has anybody in the history of coaching gotten as much by proving as little as Lane Kiffin has? Assistant O-Coordinator at a major D1 program to NFL Head Coach(!), FIRED nfl coach, Head Coach at another major D1 program, goes 7-6, and lands one of the highest paying head college jobs in the country!

And does so after a litany of NCAA infractions (supposedly "minor") in his one year as a head coach! This is just laughable...

Hiring Kiffin outta keep the NCAA away :rolleyes:

Go Gophers!!

Just what i was thinking when I saw this on Espn. If they aren't in any trouble now just wait until he starts with more of the recruiting violations. Glad the U didn't choose this scumbag of a coach. I really hope SH doesn't choose USC even more so now.

Geez, has anybody in the history of coaching gotten as much by proving as little as Lane Kiffin has? Assistant O-Coordinator at a major D1 program to NFL Head Coach(!), FIRED nfl coach, Head Coach at another major D1 program, goes 7-6, and lands one of the highest paying head college jobs in the country!

And does so after a litany of NCAA infractions (supposedly "minor") in his one year as a head coach! This is just laughable...

Completely agree. Not only that, but he also had a laundry list of arrests and NCAA infractions at Tennessee this season. USC is potentially facing major sanctions, so I guess he's ready to step up to the big time.

Why all the hate towards Lane Kiffin? He's a Minnesota Boy and sure can outrecruit and outcoach the Brewmeister. He's also much younger. He would have been a much better choice than Brewmeister.

Why all the hate towards Lane Kiffin? He's a Minnesota Boy and sure can outrecruit and outcoach the Brewmeister. He's also much younger. He would have been a much better choice than Brewmeister.

:eek::confused:

are you drunk?

You would like Kiffin. No surprise there:clap:

And there is no way that he would still be the coach at Minnesota. As you can tell he has a hard time with commitment, well and does good at getting canned.

And there is no way that he would still be the coach at Minnesota. As you can tell he has a hard time with commitment, well and does good at getting canned.

Brewster would bail if he could as well if another program would give him the time of day. Brewster would have bailed for Kansas, much less Tennessee or USC.

Its official. You are the biggest idiot on this board, and thats saying a LOT.....

Top Bottom