Kicking Game

HouseOfHagen

Reaction score
Anyone know why our kicker is so bad? How can we miss two extra points in a single game? Do we not have a kicker that can manage to consistently kick an extra point? It's f'ing pathetic. I'm beginning to think we should exit the FG and XP plays altogether and just go for it on 4th downs.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new kicker on Saturday. Missing 3 XP's in 4 games is just unacceptable.

Anyone know why our kicker is so bad? How can we miss two extra points in a single game? Do we not have a kicker that can manage to consistently kick an extra point? It's f'ing pathetic. I'm beginning to think we should exit the FG and XP plays altogether and just go for it on 4th downs.

For the record, the second "miss", the one blocked, wasn't on him. The defender came in untouched. I watched again to see if Hawthorne was slow to the ball; he wasn't that quick, but he had little to no chance.

That being said, Hawthorne pulled EVERYTHING Saturday; not so much hook, just dead pull. I'd rather see the pull than the push, but a miss is a miss. Missing right is almost ALWAYS an indication of a tentative pass at the ball, i.e. lack of confidence. Maybe it's partly the hold/ball position, who knows. Hopefully they get it figured out soon.

He's actually 5-for-7 on FG's, with his only two misses being from 50+, but the XP are way too much of an adventure. It could have been costly on Saturday, and will be at some point in a closer game.

Top Bottom