KFAN Post-game - Fargo Flash thinks Brew back next year?

ripping your team isn't being a bad fan. nor are you a bad fan for not renewing because of the crap that is on the field with an inept coach. if anything, you have standards for doing that. i understand sticking with your team through thick and thin, but when it's been almost always thin for the past 40 years it's completely fair to say enough is enough and not renew.

we are the only major division 1 university in the state and we have trouble being successful at the sports that matter financially, as well as in the eyes of most people. perhaps more people should hurt the university with their pocketbooks so maybe the administration would finally wake up from their coma and do something substantial about their athletic department. that is hardly being a bandwagon fan.

Rather than having standards I think you would more correctly call it "blowing in the wind."

Well, what does it make you then? People who pick up their marbles and go home have that right, but they're also out of the game.

Exactly! If you're tired of watching a losing team, and don't enjoy the games, by all means don't renew and don't waste your money. Don't pretend that you not renewing helps the program in any way.

obviously it doesn't work to stop donating and buying tickets. however, i do understand people's frustration in not wanting to renew. i love my season tix ,and will continue to renew, as well as the annual road trip somewhere but sometimes i wonder how the "old guard" fans do it. they actually remember a national championship and a rose bowl and now they're subjected to this on a near annual basis.
as for the monetary side of this, did all our big money donors blow their wad on the stadium but not on helping pay for a buyout or chipping in for a big time coaches salary. if i'm not mistaken, aren't boosters paying the majority if not all of june jones salary at smu when they poached him from hawaii?

ripping your team isn't being a bad fan. nor are you a bad fan for not renewing because of the crap that is on the field with an inept coach. if anything, you have standards for doing that. i understand sticking with your team through thick and thin, but when it's been almost always thin for the past 40 years it's completely fair to say enough is enough and not renew.

we are the only major division 1 university in the state and we have trouble being successful at the sports that matter financially, as well as in the eyes of most people. perhaps more people should hurt the university with their pocketbooks so maybe the administration would finally wake up from their coma and do something substantial about their athletic department. that is hardly being a bandwagon fan.

I would think that a majority of people that would say "enough is enough" are either casual fans or have not been a Gopher fan for a long time. I would find it odd for someone who has been a fan for 20, 30, or even 40 years to just say "enough is enough" at this point unless there are some other factors (health, can't afford it, etc.). If you've been a fan for a long time, you've been through some very bad years, bad coaches, and a very bad stadium in the metrodome. Things are bad right now but this isn't something new for us. At the very least, the atmosphere is light-years (yes, I'm stealing that from Brew, haha) ahead of what it was in the dome. Enjoy that part of it.

They need to make a real hire for the football HC.

2+ MM/ year and a multiple BCS-conference championship winner who is dedicated to staying here and rebuilding this program for real (as it was in 1997). Let whoever that is pick the AD.

This is exactly how I feel. Last time a U student fundraiser called me like they do a couple of times a year, I said I will not be making any more donations until we have a winning football team, tell that to the U's President. Not that my donations were huge or anything but does that make me a jerk? I know most money goes to other places but enough is enough, I'm sick of losing.

Brew is deader than a door nail. We just might get our 'big' hire.

He's not dead yet, but close. If he somehow manages to win Saturday he has three winnable games left on the schedule (Purdue, Penn St. and Illinois). Winning Saturday would go a long way toward saving his job. However, the likelihood that 4 wins is achieved is not good.

Uh disagree jabroni!!! U can buy season tix at any time, u don't need to buy from him. Your just as delusional as your boy Brewster. Shut the F up!!!

People still use the word jabroni?

if this is the case I have 6 season tickets that won't be getting renewed and I imagine there are a lot of season ticket holders that feel the same way. The only way I renew is if Brew is gone and I sense and change in direction in the program.

I agree COMPLETELY, you can add my four to the list of those NOT renewing if he is still around. And I know a lot more who feel the same way.

Top Bottom