Keys to Victory over NW

Silvio

Reaction score
Over the past 2 years Northwestern has won a lot of close games, with few blowout victories. This leads me to believe that the game will be close and competitive.

The Northwestern quarterback has been a very efficient passer early in the season and is also the leading rusher on the team in terms of yards and second in attempts.

What are the keys to containing Persa and getting a gophers victory? Which of our linebackers will be called upon to act as a spy in regards to Persa?

Go Gophers!

Blocking and tackling would be a good start.

This is not an attempt at being a smart ass. If the Gophers could just do a little better on football fundamentals - the things that my 3rd grader is learning in his first year of tackle football - we would look MUCH better.

I hope the coaches are stressing fundamentals this week.

Blocking and tackling would be a good start.

This is not an attempt at being a smart ass. If the Gophers could just do a little better on football fundamentals - the things that my 3rd grader is learning in his first year of tackle football - we would look MUCH better.

I hope the coaches are stressing fundamentals this week.

You're right on.
We've got to get better at tackling this week. Far too much wiffing and arm reaching.
I think if we run the ball and mix up the O a bit to get some big plays, we'll be ok. I'm predicting a shootout type game though. Might be a fun one.

1. Bring back the Bubble Pocket.
2. Tackle.
3. Tackle.
4. Add Student Body left to the playbook.
5. Tackle.
6. Add Student Body right to the playbook.
7. Tackle.
8. Remain off the carpet when pursuing the ball carrier.
9. Tackle.
10. Sell alcohol to the General Public.

12. Tackle Rowdy Drunks who ruin the experience for others.

Serve Northwester players some salmonella tainted eggs for breakfast, preferrably Friday morning.

Contain, contain, contain.

If they fail to do that Persa will be doing his best Kafka impression circa 2008.

It that how you determine who wins football games? Now I get it. Thanks for setting me straight.

1. Successfully establish the run early, which should make it easier to...
2. Get the ball to #5

3. Get a few stops.

13. Get terrorists to hijack the NU bus to Iowa for the game.

I wonder what the mindset is of the Gophers this week who are battling a ton of adversity. I would think the Gophers would come in with their backs to the wall and really step it up here but I do not know if this defense will be able to stop anyone the rest of the year.

Seeing the RB Span rush for 223 yards against the Gophers while only being able to rush for 15 yards the week before against the Illini has to be demoralizing for the defense but maybe it will put a spark into them this week. Every offense they play against the rest of the year will be chomping at the bit to roll up big numbers on them.

I think maybe the thing that concerns me the most is the inability of the Gophers defensive coaches to make adjustments to stop a play that is working for the opposition. If you find a play that works against the Gophers, you might as well run it 20 more times in a row because they aren't going to adjust to take it away. That is just basic coaching there.

I agree this one might be close, but I don't like our chances if it comes down to coaching. The thing I especially want to see is the Gophers fight all the way to the end. I will go with Northwestern: 27 Gophers: 20, but I admit this could get ugly if the Gophers have already packed it in.

Top Bottom