Kevin Garnett on T-Wolves' Taylor: 'I Don't Do Business with Snake Mu'f--kas'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Bleacher Report:

Kevin Garnett's jersey will hang from the rafters at TD Garden in Boston after a retirement ceremony during the 2020-21 season.

However, Garnett has no interest in being part of a similar ceremony with the Minnesota Timberwolves because of the dissolution of his relationship with owner Glen Taylor.

Garnett told Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium that Taylor reneged on a plan for him to join an ownership group that succeeded Taylor or become a front office member of the franchise upon his retirement—an agreement he had with late coach Flip Saunders:

"Glen knows where I'm at, I'm not entertaining it. First of all, it's not genuine. Two, he's getting pressure from a lot of fans and, I guess, the community there. Glen and I had an understanding before Flip died, and when Flip died, that understanding went with Flip. For that, I won't forgive Glen. I won't forgive him for that. I thought he was a straight up person, straight up business man, and when Flip died, everything went with him.

"There's no reason to complain. Just continue to move on. My years in Minnesota and in that community, I cherish. At this point, I don't want any dealings with Glen Taylor or Taylor Corp. or anything that has to do with him. I love my Timberwolves, I'll always love my guys, I'll always love the people who f--k with me there. I'll always have a special place for the city of Minneapolis and the state of Minnesota in my heart. But I don't do business with snakes. I don't do business with snake mu'f--kas. I try not to do business with openly snakes or people who are snake-like."

It would have been a violation of the NBA's collective bargaining agreement for Taylor to discuss post-basketball opportunities with Garnett, and nothing could be in writing, but it's clear KG feels betrayed. Saunders died in October 2015 of Hodgkin lymphoma.

Howl Wolves!!

per Bleacher Report:

Kevin Garnett's jersey will hang from the rafters at TD Garden in Boston after a retirement ceremony during the 2020-21 season.

However, Garnett has no interest in being part of a similar ceremony with the Minnesota Timberwolves because of the dissolution of his relationship with owner Glen Taylor.

Garnett told Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium that Taylor reneged on a plan for him to join an ownership group that succeeded Taylor or become a front office member of the franchise upon his retirement—an agreement he had with late coach Flip Saunders:

"Glen knows where I'm at, I'm not entertaining it. First of all, it's not genuine. Two, he's getting pressure from a lot of fans and, I guess, the community there. Glen and I had an understanding before Flip died, and when Flip died, that understanding went with Flip. For that, I won't forgive Glen. I won't forgive him for that. I thought he was a straight up person, straight up business man, and when Flip died, everything went with him.

"There's no reason to complain. Just continue to move on. My years in Minnesota and in that community, I cherish. At this point, I don't want any dealings with Glen Taylor or Taylor Corp. or anything that has to do with him. I love my Timberwolves, I'll always love my guys, I'll always love the people who f--k with me there. I'll always have a special place for the city of Minneapolis and the state of Minnesota in my heart. But I don't do business with snakes. I don't do business with snake mu'f--kas. I try not to do business with openly snakes or people who are snake-like."

It would have been a violation of the NBA's collective bargaining agreement for Taylor to discuss post-basketball opportunities with Garnett, and nothing could be in writing, but it's clear KG feels betrayed. Saunders died in October 2015 of Hodgkin lymphoma.

Howl Wolves!!
KG has always been a bit of a drama queen, but I can understand that trying to deal with Taylor must be really frustrating.

KG feels like he got hoodwinked. Hopefully Taylor sells to a buyer that wants to stay in MN and makes KG a big part of the franchise. He's literally the only good thing thats happened to the franchise.

KG was one of the most unique, talented players in NBA history. But this bothers me:
1) He was paid almost a quarter of a billion dollars by Taylor, and now he is mad at Taylor.
2) Stephon Marbury did not want to play with him, and that cost the Wolves big time.
3) He always seemed immature, and his latest comments show that he has not grown up.
4) He was not a big time, end of game player. He took many last minute shots and rarely made them, similar to Wiggins.
5) If his perceived deal with the Wolves, hinged on Flip, then maybe it was a package deal and that package no longer existed when Flip died.
6) During his 14 year Wolves career, resulted in making it out of the 1st round of the playoffs one time. Taylor has not been a good owner, but KG may have been part of the problem.

He called Taylor a liar. That should sound familiar, tiny brain.
Jam Jam on the scene, defending a man who was paid hundred million or so by taylor. kg a bit scumish, which jam jam is familiar with....

KG was one of the most unique, talented players in NBA history. But this bothers me:
1) He was paid almost a quarter of a billion dollars by Taylor, and now he is mad at Taylor.
2) Stephon Marbury did not want to play with him, and that cost the Wolves big time.
3) He always seemed immature, and his latest comments show that he has not grown up.
4) He was not a big time, end of game player. He took many last minute shots and rarely made them, similar to Wiggins.
5) If his perceived deal with the Wolves, hinged on Flip, then maybe it was a package deal and that package no longer existed when Flip died.
6) During his 14 year Wolves career, resulted in making it out of the 1st round of the playoffs one time. Taylor has not been a good owner, but KG may have been part of the problem.
NAILED it. JAM JAM

The Athletic: The great, tragic unknown that sits in the rift between KG and Glen Taylor

Who is to blame? Garnett will point the finger at Taylor. The Wolves, if they were being forthright, would say they think his expectations were not realistic. And the one person who could give the full accounting of the situation and is probably most equipped to maintain the relationship, tragically, is no longer here to do it.

Flip was there to bridge the gap. Without him, it has only widened. What’s left is a “he said-he said” pile of rubble that will need to be rebuilt brick by brick.

The biggest losers in this whole mess are Wolves fans, who have been kicked in the teeth over and over again. Garnett remains wildly popular in the Twin Cities, and as the Hall of Fame induction ceremony approaches, now is supposed to be the time when a legend reconnects with the fans who cheered him. This is a time for a city, and a state in this case, to rise up and feel like it celebrates with Garnett, who always took so much pride calling Minnesota home.

Instead, they are left to lament the disintegration of what was once one of the NBA’s great love stories.

Howl Wolves!!

The biggest losers in this whole mess are Wolves fans, who have been kicked in the teeth over and over again. Garnett remains wildly popular in the Twin Cities, and as the Hall of Fame induction ceremony approaches, now is supposed to be the time when a legend reconnects with the fans who cheered him. This is a time for a city, and a state in this case, to rise up and feel like it celebrates with Garnett, who always took so much pride calling Minnesota home.

Instead, they are left to lament the disintegration of what was once one of the NBA’s great love stories.

Count me as a long time Wolves fan and former season ticket holder who couldn't care less about the feud between Taylor and Garnett because both of them are jerks who don't deserve the admiration and support of Minnesota sports fans. Boston can have Garnett and Taylor needs to sell the Wolves to someone with integrity and ethics who knows how to run a pro sports franchise.

Last edited:

A quarter billion dollar investment and there is bad blood between them? That isn't a love-hate relationship. That is a greed-greed relationship. And, what has the public gained from this patronage? A logo, a private basketball court, and a few feuds. Is this country great or what!

There can be zero doubt that the huge salary KG demanded left little room to fill talent in around him, and that really hurt the franchise. A less selfish KG would have brought a championship home during his years here.

Shama chimes in:

Kevin Garnett, the former Timberwolves superstar headed for induction later this year into the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame, has for years wanted to own an NBA franchise and now is making his interest public to have a team in Seattle. Garnett might pull it off but he couldn’t have made too many friends among NBA powerbrokers with his recent rant against classy Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor.

Howl Wolves!!

Top Bottom