Kerwin Walton enters transfer portal

This is why we need to stop with being over the top with the we need to keep them home nonsense
Do you think the people who want to land more local recruits think that they are all going to turn out?

This is why we need to stop with being over the top with the we need to keep them home nonsense
Take note that the coaching staff was on the same page as the fans on this one when he was coming out of high school. I’m sorry it’s not working out well for Kerwin. It does seem bizarre that he is taking off early season though.

Do you think the people who want to land more local recruits think that they are all going to turn out?
I think fans don’t see a lot of the kids they clamor for & don’t realize playing with certain high school & AAU programs will cause kids to get over recruited. Kerwin had so many limitations. His only asset was shooting. He was a stiff athlete. Dawson & Treyton are examples as well. Both have always wanted to be guards & struggle to handle toughness. Carrington has similar limitations to Walton but his handle is at least decent. The kids we lose who develop often go to a spot where it’s no pressure to play right away. We haven’t had enough depth for that in a while. That’s the biggest difference between us & Wisconsin. BJ Omot at UND is a kid where if we had enough talent we could take a chance on him bc he has the potential to develop but with our current situation, we can’t take that chance. Am I saying we shouldn’t recruit MN kids? No, but we have to stop thinking the hit rate on these kids is above 50%

Last edited:

Am I missing something? Kerwin's playing time is declining, but he's still on TT and played for them last night.

This is where the obsession around here with not starting new threads if something is even tangentially related to an existing thread comes into play. People saw this thread title and assumed Walton has entered the portal less than a month into the new season.

This is where the obsession around here with not starting new threads if something is even tangentially related to an existing thread comes into play. People saw this thread title and assumed Walton has entered the portal less than a month into the new season.
I don’t mind keeping the early season stats in the thread about his transfer. If we started a “Walton is struggling” thread we’d hear all about how we need to forget about local recruits that spurn us. We know how fun that conversation will be.

I'm guessing that if things were going well it wouldn't even be a thought.

He should go to New Mexico or St Thomas, he's not good enough to finish 13th or 14th in the B1G. Thank you

Top Bottom