Kerwin Walton enters transfer portal

Why are so people so crazy about Walton? Just because he is from Minnesota?

We already have Battle at his position who is a proven commodity in the Big Ten and played actual quality minutes against good competition. Walton was a benchwarmer for most of this season from what I saw. Are there people on this board that actually think Walton would surpass Battle? There is no data to back up that idea.

In the end, this kid wants to chase money and cars. Best of luck, guy.

We already have Battle at his position who is a proven commodity in the Big Ten and played actual quality minutes against good competition. Walton was a benchwarmer for most of this season from what I saw. Are there people on this board that actually think Walton would surpass Battle? There is no data to back up that idea.

Where did he say anything about chasing money and cars?

Choosing Creighton over us isnt a surprise with or without NIL. They have been the better program and gotten more players to the NBA in the last 10 years
Yeah, basketball and football differ a lot in this way. Picking a mid major in football is a pretty massive step down. But there are a number of mid major programs in basketball (Creighton definitely included) that are prestigious and would not be a big step down from a Big Ten school.

Yeah, basketball and football differ a lot in this way. Picking a mid major in football is a pretty massive step down. But there are a number of mid major programs in basketball (Creighton definitely included) that are prestigious and would not be a big step down from a Big Ten school.
Creighton is not a mid-major. They are in the Big East, and are consistently in the top 10 in attendance in the country. I'm not a fan of the off-campus arena, but they basically fill it up every game. Fan base is big and loyal. Not mid-major at all.

I think that was a joke - at least I hope it was
I doubt it. Basketball is what they have. No football. For your starting 5 in a town with no pro sports and no football team- coming up with a half million a year isn't that tough. At the U there are a lot more mouths to feed.

Creighton is not a mid-major. They are in the Big East, and are consistently in the top 10 in attendance in the country. I'm not a fan of the off-campus arena, but they basically fill it up every game. Fan base is big and loyal. Not mid-major at all.
Its about 2500 feet from campus to the arena.

Fair enough but neither UNC nor any other university was going to extend Walton a committable scholarship offer based solely on going off in one tournament without looking at the entire body of work.
Actually Roy Williams had a history of doing that. Andrew Platek and Bobby Frasor are examples of recruits who Roy offered scholarships after watching them shoot well one weekend on the AAU circuit.

St Thomas’ fantasy

Definitely. The Big East is 100% there with the Power 5 conferences. In fact....since 2000.....they are 2nd only to the ACC in national championships.

I'm not as high on him now since everyone is saying his defense was bad at UNC, but when I was hoping we'd get him it was because he had the talent to average 8 points as a freshman for North Carolina and shot over 40% from 3. Someone who is capable of doing that should at least be able to provide depth for us.

He was supposedly one of the best three point shooters in the country coming out of high school and was reportedly a good defender too, so I assumed he was at least average in that area at UNC. Never thought he would surpass Battle, but wanted another 3 point shooter and another true wing player.

If Ben/Thorson think he can be at least average defensively in the Big Ten (I'm skeptical of this now), then I'd still happily take him, but I don't want liabilities there.

I don't even think the Big East (+ Gonzaga and handful of others) are even considered "mid" majors.

Still off campus and a cookie cutter arena without character. I don't like the place.
It's a major, modern, NBA-style arena. It's just like the ones in KC and STL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHI_Health_Center_Omaha

I think all kinds of national events have been hosted there. Off the top of my head, the national Olympic trials/championships for swimming. (not sure why that's off the top of my head, lol)

Yeah, my bad....Creigthon basketball has been very good for quite a while.

OK fair enough.

They probably still have their old arena on campus somewhere, maybe play volleyball in it.

Top Bottom