Kentucky fans storming the field. Kentucky fined.

I wonder if fans considered they may be costing their team a chance at the SEC title. You could tell they were going to storm the field - hard not to after almost 30+ years of not beating them at home. However, if key players get sick in any of your next few games their chances to win will be done. Will be interested to see what if anything comes from doing this.

I wonder if fans considered they may be costing their team a chance at the SEC title. You could tell they were going to storm the field - hard not to after almost 30+ years of not beating them at home. However, if key players get sick in any of your next few games their chances to win will be done. Will be interested to see what if anything comes from doing this.
Are players not around the general public, other students, etc? Seems like if a kid gets sick in 2 weeks if probably didn't come from Tristan, Luke, Cal, Oren and Smitty storming the field.

wait, we can't storm the field now

If we win the ax, I'm storming the field, I don't care if Wi loses every game between now and the final game

If you had common sense and did your duty to your team mates you are vaccinated and do not have to worry about getting sick from Covid 19.
In any event the players are exposed to their fellow students every day.

If we win the ax, I'm storming the field, I don't care if Wi loses every game between now and the final game
I’ll try to be with you. Not sure if the Mrs. will agree.

We can.

Folks in the SEC can't ... or are supposed to wait a while before they do.

It's dumb, but does NOT apply to us.

If you had common sense and did your duty to your team mates you are vaccinated and do not have to worry about getting sick from Covid 19.
In any event the players are exposed to their fellow students every day.
You made a statement, prove it.

You made a statement, prove it.
oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

I stormed the field after the PSU win but I don't know if I'd do it again. Got down there and then it was like, "ok, now what?".

I have friends who live in KY and were at the game. I know how passionate about their team they can be despite being a perennial loser in the SEC (consider on a Tier with Vandy for a long time). I don't think they should have been denied this celebration, but it did get me thinking about the times we are in. In a state where only 50% are vaccinated and with infection rates about 30% higher than they are here, I do think it is an appropriate concern. Even if an athlete is vaccinated, getting sick can mean a few days without practice and playing at only 80% of health on game day. SEC only did the FIne because it is about football above all else and didn't want an AL, GA, FL or another title contender getting sick (teams people would charge field with if they got the win). There is a big difference being in a classroom with people who are masked vs being in a 10,000 person outdoor mosh pit. Plus I have no doubt a lot of athletes do their classes online with their "mentors" by their side down in KY.

I stormed the field after the PSU win but I don't know if I'd do it again. Got down there and then it was like, "ok, now what?".
From the stands it appeared you're supposed to mill about. Make noise.

I have friends who live in KY and were at the game. I know how passionate about their team they can be despite being a perennial loser in the SEC (consider on a Tier with Vandy for a long time). I don't think they should have been denied this celebration, but it did get me thinking about the times we are in. In a state where only 50% are vaccinated and with infection rates about 30% higher than they are here, I do think it is an appropriate concern. Even if an athlete is vaccinated, getting sick can mean a few days without practice and playing at only 80% of health on game day. SEC only did the FIne because it is about football above all else and didn't want an AL, GA, FL or another title contender getting sick (teams people would charge field with if they got the win). There is a big difference being in a classroom with people who are masked vs being in a 10,000 person outdoor mosh pit. Plus I have no doubt a lot of athletes do their classes online with their "mentors" by their side down in KY.
Does the U of KY require their students to be vaccinated or to wear masks in class?
I do not know but doubt it.
Being vaccinated reduces your chances of being ill or carrying the virus to a very low percentage.
I suspect the fine was issued because the SEC was hoping FL might be in consideration for the finals and KY had the gall to beat FL and remove them from consideration.

drastically shameful, hmpfff....

(settle down, Francis)

Attachments

• SEC.jpg
    SEC.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 1

Are players not around the general public, other students, etc? Seems like if a kid gets sick in 2 weeks if probably didn't come from Tristan, Luke, Cal, Oren and Smitty storming the field.
Tristan and Oren are the worst. Luke and Cal are cool. Smitty...that dude is crazy.

Top Bottom