Kent Youngblood coming off the Gopher beat at the STrib?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
It sounds as if Kent may be coming off the Gopher beat. Hopefully whomever they get to replace him takes the beat a bit more passionately and covers the team the way Chip did.

Go Gophers!!

Wouldn't he have had to actually be on it first?

I don't know, I kind of thought that his blog has been pretty good lately. I mean, afterall, he IS reporting today "Weber to be No. 1 QB this fall." Where else are you getting that type of hard-hitting up to the minute report?

You know it is a bad economy when Even sub-standard beat writers are affected.

Oh good. Myron will get to cover both. He's done such a great job covering the basketball team I can't wait to see him butcher football coverage too. Ugh. I wondered why he was writing all the expansion articles since they were football-driven, but didn't figure this.

Can they fire Myron and hire the old beat writer (name escaping me) back with the combined salaries of Keny and Myron? Or tell Chip Scoggins to go back to covering the Gophers and buy Judd unlimited Red Bull in exchange for flying solo on the Vikes? I seriously hope Nadine is firing them her resume right now. You never know.

It should be good news but I have confidence that the Strib will fiqure out a way to go backwards.

Top Bottom