Kenric Lanier Committs

Yet another WR. Interesting. They obviously felt they needed to upgrade there.

Looks like he could play defense as well. Good to have versatile athletes who can play other positions from what they played in high school.

Yet another WR. Interesting. They obviously felt they needed to upgrade there.

He also played DB. He could move to the other side of the ball if the WR room is full.

Fleck and Simon out Flipping WR's from Purdue and now Vanderbilt. That's 5 new WR's heading into Spring if all sign.
and it was much needed. puts them at 13 schollys at the position if they are stay on. Most other big ten teams have in that 11-15 range

and it was much needed. puts them at 13 schollys at the position if they are stay on. Most other big ten teams have in that 11-15 range
Correction that all 5 likely won't be here for spring ball, but 5 new guys on the roster.

Something must be going on right?? We now have 2 transfer and 2 FR incoming WR. So is CrAB not going to come back? Wright? MBS? Brockington? Jackson? I mean I am all for stacking talent but we have like 9-10 WR's, and we generally run about as much as the service academies. Something feels odd.

He also played DB. He could move to the other side of the ball if the WR room is full.
Wow....the kid can make the contested catch.

I'm picturing the play call in the huddle..... "Kenric you go long and i'll throw it up.....LOL"

Something must be going on right?? We now have 2 transfer and 2 FR incoming WR. So is CrAB not going to come back? Wright? MBS? Brockington? Jackson? I mean I am all for stacking talent but we have like 9-10 WR's, and we generally run about as much as the service academies. Something feels odd.
If they are leaving they don’t have a very big window left in current portal. Would guess 1-2 might leave based on their depth position after spring ball.

I feel like we have a normal amount of wrs. We only had 2 freshmen last year. One of the transfers is a one year guy and CrAB is a senior.

I think (or hope) things are going to be a bit different with Athan at the controls. Also with Mo gone, will likely have to have a different mix on offense.

I think (or hope) things are going to be a bit different with Athan at the controls. Also with Mo gone, will likely have to have a different mix on offense.
I'm thinking the same. Maybe the coaching staff realized after the Purdue game that the running game would be a larger drop off than initially expected and once AK showed his skills in actual games they decided they needed to rewrite the playbook a bit.

Another theory I had was the Kirk actually does have changes he'd like to make, but they opted not to implement them fully with Mo and Tanner returning this past year. Now that the season is over, Kirk could be working in some new wrinkles, especially after seeing what AK can do...

Any thought to the notion of this staff recruiting in the old Gary Patterson mold? Recruit athletes (WR,RB,QB) who are maybe more unnoticed on the national scene. Get them on campus and work them into spots that benefit his style of play, usually on the defensive side of the ball. Maybe, a few of these WR will end up on the other side of the LOS.

Any thought to the notion of this staff recruiting in the old Gary Patterson mold? Recruit athletes (WR,RB,QB) who are maybe more unnoticed on the national scene. Get them on campus and work them into spots that benefit his style of play, usually on the defensive side of the ball. Maybe, a few of these WR will end up on the other side of the LOS.
I feel like Kill did that more than PJ.

I feel like we have a normal amount of wrs. We only had 2 freshmen last year. One of the transfers is a one year guy and CrAB is a senior.
If you assign 43 scholarships to the offense and assume that 3/11th of the offensive spots are fairly allocated to the WRs, and that 1.5/11ths are fairly allocated to the TE position (as receivers and OL blockers), then you would settle in at about 12 WRs and 5 TEs—about where we are now. Ideally, for continuity, you would want your WRs in a seniority “ladder,” with a few proven senior types, a few more middle types that are good but still developing, and a large pool of younger guys waiting for their turn while building their game. That is about what, suddenly, we now have.

If you assign 43 scholarships to the offense and assume that 3/11th of the offensive spots are fairly allocated to the WRs, and that 1.5/11ths are fairly allocated to the TE position (as receivers and OL blockers), then you would settle in at about 12 WRs and 5 TEs—about where we are now. Ideally, for continuity, you would want your WRs in a seniority “ladder,” with a few proven senior types, a few more middle types that are good but still developing, and a large pool of younger guys waiting for their turn while building their game. That is about what, suddenly, we now have.
Master class in fixing roster management at the position

Top Bottom