KenPom ratings are out. Gophers 9-9 tied for 5th

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but doesn't the results part show us being 8-10?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but doesn't the results part show us being 8-10?

You're correct in that the individual game results show 8-10. However, the individual game results won't necessarily add to up the 'projected record'. You'll also note all the non-conference games show wins.. however the projected record shows two losses.

This is all by design. Gotta read up a bit if you want to understand the mathematics behind it.

Nope, you have it right. He actually has Gophers @ 19-10, 8-10 in the B1G (excluding the 2 unknown opponents in Orlando).

Pomeroy's stuff is way too deep for me. All the statistics in the world tell some of the story (and I like stats), but in the end "you are what your record says you are" (circa Bill Parcells & Huggy Bear Huggins).

He will also be charging to access his site this year (beyond the main ratings page).

that guy must think he's some kind of hotshot to be making all those "statistical analyses". Preseason ratings are necessary, but completely bogus. dude's rankings are going to change after the first game, don't really see the point in paying attention to those kind of polls.

Top Bottom