Kenny Watkins Update

GopherLady

Reaction score
I would like to use the disclaimer (since people seem to forget this) - but when talking to recruits, they are kids, they get some information wrong, and they change their minds.

With that being said - I just talked to Kenny Watkins. His home visit with the Gopher coaches was postponed. It was suppose to be this evening, but since the Gophers start practice today, they won't be flying out to see him until Monday.

Here's the BIG/Fun news...when I asked him if he would be ready to commit by Monday, his response was "probably." It appears that he is not going to wait for his cousin, Jeremy Gainer.

We may have a new player to welcome into Gopher nation in a few days!

(Sorry Grunkie - I know you said you were willing to bet he commits tonight, but that doesn't look like it's the case, we'll still you credit for your prediction).

I would like to use the disclaimer (since people seem to forget this) - but when talking to recruits, they are kids, they get some information wrong, and they change their minds.

With that being said - I just talked to Kenny Watkins. His home visit with the Gopher coaches was postponed. It was suppose to be this evening, but since the Gophers start practice today, they won't be flying out to see him until Monday.

Here's the BIG/Fun news...when I asked him if he would be ready to commit by Monday, his response was "probably." It appears that he is not going to wait for his cousin, Jeremy Gainer.

(Sorry Grunkie - I know you said you were willing to bet he commits tonight, but that doesn't look like it's the case, we'll still you credit for your prediction).

Thanks, GL. As long as he commits I'll settle for partial credit. He is going to be a stud and this is a little premature but I'm excited to have him as a new Gopher.

Good news- anything new on GAINER!?!?!?!

isnt gainer expected to follow him though?

They were seen as a package deal before. They still may come together. However, Gainer just got an offer from MSU and in recent days he has indicated that what is best for Watkins may not be what is best for himself. He is still evaluating Michigan State to determine whether he wants to take an official visit. That is what is taking him longer and why they may no longer be a package deal. We just have to cross our fingers. We really need help at LB so I hope he comes.

Top Bottom