Kenny Pohto on ESPN right now...

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
He literally never touches the ball unless he’s at the top of the key. He sets a lot of screens and has a good build and runs well. Defensively, he’s covering the #1 junior in the country. These 2 teams are ridiculously stacked. They both have top 20 sophomore/juniors who NEVER see the court. Too bad Kendall Brown got away....he’s a stud.

He literally never touches the ball unless he’s at the top of the key. He sets a lot of screens and has a good build and runs well. Defensively, he’s covering the #1 junior in the country. These 2 teams are ridiculously stacked. They both have top 20 sophomore/juniors who NEVER see the court. Too bad Kendall Brown got away....he’s a stud.
If nothing else, Pohto is bigger than I thought. For some reason I was thinking he was absolutely a stick.

They just said he's going to reevaluate things with Minnesota as they recently had a coaching change. Said that after he drained a 3. But yeah he doesn't play a ton, they usually play a slightly smaller more atheltic lineup

They called him the unsung hero of that Sunrise team. He does a lot of the little stuff that doesn't get noticed. I imagine his stats would be better if he was playing at a traditional high school and not some all star team. Anyways, I hope he sticks with his commitment, he's a solid all around center which is a position that there is no depth behind Liam Robbins. Not a bad idea to have an in with that Sunrise program either.

They called him the unsung hero of that Sunrise team. He does a lot of the little stuff that doesn't get noticed. I imagine his stats would be better if he was playing at a traditional high school and not some all star team. Anyways, I hope he sticks with his commitment, he's a solid all around center which is a position that there is no depth behind Liam Robbins. Not a bad idea to have an in with that Sunrise program either.
I like that he has range. Mash jr only averaged 11 points a game in high school then averaged 8 for us, after playing on a stacked team. Pohto would be a decent get and good backup behind Liam.

The word on him is that he is a good shooter and a sound player. I like hearing he isn’t a twig and hope he stays. We need a roster full of guys that can shoot.

We need a roster of guys.

Yes, but the relative speed of the new coach in landing 3 quality transfers gives reason for optimism that he will be able to assemble the needed roster.

Meanwhile, Pitino, whose NM team lost five players to the transfer portal, hasn't picked up any transfers yet.

Top Bottom