Kendrick Nunn becomes fourth Illini player arrested in 8 months

scher215

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...rick-nunn-arrested-suspicion-domestic-battery

Per ESPN

CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- University of Illinois guard Kendrick Nunn was jailed Thursday on suspicion of domestic battery after turning himself in to police, the latest of several recent allegations of misconduct by members of the school's basketball program.

Champaign police spokeswoman Laeisha Meaderds said Nunn was accused of striking a woman during a domestic dispute Wednesday afternoon at a home near campus. She said the woman's injury was minor.

Nunn was due in court Friday. Meaderds was not sure if Nunn had an attorney. The Champaign County state's attorney's office did not respond to telephone calls seeking more information about Nunn's arrest. However, Champaign County court records indicate Nunn was placed on a year's court supervision and fined $550 after pleading guilty on Tuesday to driving with a suspended license earlier this year.

Illinois Athletics Director Josh Whitman and head coach John Groce said in a joint statement that Nunn has been suspended indefinitely from all team-related activities pending legal proceedings and an investigation into the allegations of domestic battery.

Fans are calling for Groce's job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's nice to see that some teams are worse off than Minnesota.

When groce got that job I was legitimately scared he would be able to turn that program into a top big ten team again. Young, enthusiastic, infinite local talent, seemed to have some coaching skill due to his time at Ohio.

He has had quite a bit of bad luck, but he's also failed miserably with player issues.... Good for us I guess.

When groce got that job I was legitimately scared he would be able to turn that program into a top big ten team again. Young, enthusiastic, infinite local talent, seemed to have some coaching skill due to his time at Ohio. He has had quite a bit of bad luck, but he's also failed miserably with player issues.... Good for us I guess.

But I thought if you hired a proven coach with experience everything would work out flawlessly?

It's nice to see that some teams are worse off than Minnesota.
That's subjective.

Does anyone have popcorn for this show?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom