Ken Evans Jr. campaign thread!

Yes he was run out of town. Our administration accused him (& bagman Luther Darville) of paying players. This is a fact. Not an opinion.

And you're beyond help if you still put the blame on the coach after what just happened to our team. And the circumstances Ben has been under from the start.

You'd be calling every HOF coach a failure if they had to coach a farm-team.
They wouldn't be a Hall of fame coach if they sucked. Hall of famers have the ability to take shit and make it into winners. That in turn brings in recruits who can actually play...

On a total level playing field coach K's teams would DESTROY cbj teams..

Against a team with two big wings (6'6"/6'7"), who defends them besides Odukale?
Maybe Parker Fox or Frank Mitchell?
No, they are not wings either.

There are almost zero college teams who roll out a 3 guard lineup with two wings of that size. On the chance they do, you just put your smallest wing defender on whichever one of them is the less skilled offensively.

There are almost zero college teams who roll out a 3 guard lineup with two wings of that size. On the chance they do, you just put your smallest wing defender on whichever one of them is the less skilled offensively.
What does this or any of these entries have to do with the status of the recruitment of Ken Evans Jr.?

What does this or any of these entries have to do with the status of the recruitment of Ken Evans Jr.?
A bunch of people on here replying just to hear themselves speak. Little or no new ibformation on this topics headline! Abd I find this to be true on many of these topics. we have about 5 guys on here who domibate the replies and what they post is not relevant to the topic they are responding too!

Yes he was run out of town. Our administration accused him (& bagman Luther Darville) of paying players. This is a fact. Not an opinion.

And you're beyond help if you still put the blame on the coach after what just happened to our team. And the circumstances Ben has been under from the start.

He was not...he left because he wanted the Notre Dame Job. How friggin ignorant are you?

Is it your contention that he would have stayed if the admin had not "run him out of town"? Is it honestly your contention that Holtz would have no taken his dream job and stayed here?

Seek professional help.

Thus ends another pipe dream....

Last edited by a moderator:

A bunch of people on here replying just to hear themselves speak. Little or no new ibformation on this topics headline! Abd I find this to be true on many of these topics. we have about 5 guys on here who domibate the replies and what they post is not relevant to the topic they are responding too!
You forgot to log out of your account to reply to yourself again...

I wouldn't say he was run out of town, but I think he was aware of what Darville and others were doing (heck, he was probably intimately involved in everything) and knew something was likely to come down the pike from the enforcement side of the equation. No need for an alternative history, but I wonder what would have happened in Notre Dame hadn't called. I always laugh when I think of Mason saying "Well, I'll answer the phone if it rings" when compared to Holtz who was probably making phone calls to himself.

Anyway, to the intent of the thread. Evans would be great. We'll miss Payne's lunch-bucket attitude and Hawkins' quickness, but I think Christie's scoring potential is what we'll miss the most.

Ken Evans Jr. is a perfect transfer to play one of the big wings.
Odukale is the other big wing, but he is not a scorer like Evans. That is what this thread is supposed to be discussing.
Instead we are stuck with five wannabe coaches (who couldn't coach a whore off the pot) whining their ass off!

Just looking at the Big Ten- Illinois for one- went 6-6, 6-6, 6-6, 6-8 and 6-10 with their 5 biggest minute per game players

I look forward to a lot of posts during the season on the general range of

"if the Gophers had Ken Evans, they would have won X more games this season....."

without more information, we just don't know what was behind Evans' decision. could be NIL - could be something related to the programs or the coaches - or could be that he would rather live in Florida as opposed to Minnesota. I hear the girls in Florida do not wear parkas during the basketball season........

in any case, he has made his decision. time to move on.

In contrast Purdue top 7 in minutes went...
Edey 7-4 50% from 3
Smith 6-0 43.1% from 3 plus led team in assists at 7.5 and steals at 1.6
Jones 6-1 35.7% from 3
Loyer 6-4 44.4% from 3
Gillis 6-6 46.8% from 3
Renn 6-9 33.3% from 3
Heide 6-7 45% from 3
Day one Ben said the most important focus in recruiting was shooting...
Purdue seems to agree.

They wouldn't be a Hall of fame coach if they sucked. Hall of famers have the ability to take shit and make it into winners. That in turn brings in recruits who can actually play...

On a total level playing field coach K's teams would DESTROY cbj teams..
Coach K would find diamonds-in-the-rough better than Hawkins & Christie?

Because NONE of his Duke players are playing for free.

There is no Ken Evans Jr. news. If we wouldn't pay to keep our guys or anyone else, we're not paying for him.

He was not...he left because he wanted the Notre Dame Job. How friggin ignorant are you?

Is it your contention that he would have stayed if the admin had not "run him out of town"? Is it honestly your contention that Holtz would have no taken his dream job and stayed here?

Seek professional help.
You have no idea of what you're talking about.

The Notre Dame thing didn't even come up until well after the scandal was going.

You have no idea of what you're talking about.

The Notre Dame thing didn't even come up until well after the scandal was going.
If memory serves correct, Lou Holtz never coached basketball a day in his life at UMN, therefore move the talk to the football thread. There is nothing to compare to Lou Holtz here in the basketball forum so y'all need to stop shitting in each other's soup and move on to something else.

Top Bottom