keelon brookins first to commit to gophers in 2013

Looks good on film. Hopefully his injury is behind him and he can continue to improve. ESPN has him listed as an early Top-150 player for the 2013 class and it looks like there were plenty of "helmet schools" showing interest. Awesome way to start out the new recruiting class.

Just to clarify for a few people, ESPN hasn't released their 150 list. Right now they have a "150 watch list" which includes about 500 players.

But on that note, I don't see Brookins there either. Maybe I'm missing something.

Just to clarify for a few people, ESPN hasn't released their 150 list. Right now they have a "150 watch list" which includes about 500 players.

But on that note, I don't see Brookins there either. Maybe I'm missing something.

I'm really glad we got Brookins and I think that rivals will rate him as a high 3 star type of player, but I don't think even if he was healthy last year that he'd have been a lock for the ESPN 150. The fact that he missed (all) most of his junior season, it isn't surprising that he isn't on the watch list.

Doesn't look too ominous, he'd arleady committed to those junior days, and is honoring that commitment.

This is Sweet! Keep the MN kids coming aboard, they will be the key to a solid future.

Looks like a great pick-up. No other offers, but plenty of big time program interest. Should be a great addition. I see him being a high impact player in the future. Can't wait for his evalution comes out. Could be a 4 star guy. Great pick-up! Go Gophers.

Naw - now that he is a Gopher commit, he'll never make 4 stars... That doesn't mean we don't want him, of course. Great pick up!

I'm enjoying this. You can feel the culture change slowly with the small little victories we've had in recruiting. That said, the next change has to come on the field. More wins will breed more recruits and more recruits will breed more wins.

Really excited for the fall and hopefully we'll see some progress out there. I'm still holding out hope to eek out a 6th win for a bowl. That'd help a LOT towards the '13 recruiting class. Absolutely verify that Kill's got the ship heading in the right direction.

Keelon Brookns $$$** ‏@KBrookins8
STATE CHAMPION! THANK YOU JESUS " AND S/0 TO ALL BROA THAT CAME

RyanBurnsGI ‏@RyanBurnsGI
#Minnesota commit Keelon Brookins (@KBrookins8) won the 200 meter State Championship this morning.

The first summer camp is today so it should be a more active next couple of weeks on the recruiting front...not like it has been slow around here or anything but we could see commit #2 soon

"Keelon" is one of my favorite Scandinavian names, so this makes me extra happy.

Top Bottom