KC Star: Minnesota coach Jerry Kill has ties to Missouri and Kansas

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the KC Star:

Minnesota coach Jerry Kill has some deep ties to Missouri and Kansas football.

Kill’s whose coaching stops include two stops at Pittsburg State as a coordinator and two-year stints as the head coach at both Webb City (Mo.) High School and Emporia State.

Kill coached Webb City from 1988-89.

He had been Pitt State’s defensive coordinator for three years and would go on to be the Gorillas’ offensive coordinator for four years, but he has a soft spot for those years in the prep ranks.

“That was my first head coaching job and, to go over there and go 25-1 and win a state championship, it’s a time that was special,” Kill said. “I’ve been blessed, and that was part of the journey, where I started. It was a great time. I promise you I’ll never forget when we pulled that bus into Webb City and we got carried from the town to the school. I wasn’t as heavy then, so I was easier to carry.”

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article5265558.html

Go Gophers!!

A small note that I felt compelled to tell you guys on here. The High School I went to played against (and lost) Webb City in the State semi-finals in 94 (not sure when Kill was there). One of the stars from that Webb City team was Grant Wistrom of Nebraska and Rams/Seahawk fame. Just a lil tidbit of information.

ZouFan08

Top Bottom