Katz Article on Gophers

Colt, Trevor, and Paul would've been nice to see play together. Hard to match up with that kind of size.

yea well, paul had to do what he had to do, and this gives rodney some more PT which i think will be good thing for him and us.

Good article.

One quote that struck me funny:

"Trevor is so hungry after sitting out a year and he's what we were lacking,'' Smith said. "We had a tough time rebounding the ball. We've added some real depth and strength. Last year, we had [then seniors] Damian Johnson and Paul Carter at 6-7 playing power forwards with no true center. With Royce White and Trevor not being able to play, we were limited.

How does Tubby classify Sampson and Iverson? I get that Sampson is not exactly a banger. But even though Iverson had his struggles, he's as true a center as you'll find in the country.

"The goal for this year is that we should compete for the Big Ten championship." Now, we're talking, Tubby.

I'm fully prepared for Art to use that quote to bash the team/Tubby all year.

Art will bash anyway. However, why shouldn't that be the goal. It is time for the Gophers to step it up to be an elite team in the big ten. This is a top 3 or 4 team in the big ten for sure.

Top Bottom