KARE 11: Twin Cities National Signing Day (video)

Man, that article sucks. Not only in the horrible grammar and spelling, but also in the condescending tone and use of pet phrases like "barely in the top 50" and "coach them up". What a dick.

Man, that article sucks. Not only in the horrible grammar and spelling, but also in the condescending tone and use of pet phrases like "barely in the top 50" and "coach them up". What a dick.

Wow, talk about overly sensitive. Are they not "barely in the top 50"? Sounded pretty factual to me.

What do you expect from our local media, a positive spin on a Gopher related story. It would be interesting to see the spin of iowa or wisconsin's media on there recruiting classes.
The excitement in the voices of our new players was nice to hear.

Wow, talk about overly sensitive. Are they not "barely in the top 50"? Sounded pretty factual to me.

How about something like "a top-50 recruiting class" or "a class that finished just inside the top 50"? If you noticed, I never questioned the factuality of the information. There are a myriad of ways to convey a point. When you use a phrase like "barely", you're trying to be a dick. One should be able to expect more from major market media, but then again, this is the Twin Cities media we're talking about.

I get what you're saying dpo, but listening to Shaver, he didn't seem to have any condescending tones when he said that. It was more of a, "hey, we don't care about where we are ranked by the national media outlets" tone.

The piece didn't really need the 'barely in the top 50' bit anyway. The story was about local kids signing with the U. It seems like a gauche way to end a nice segment about signing day.

Top Bottom