Kare 11 Mark Coyle Interview 10-8-23

Women's basketball begins at 9:37. The rest of the interview is good too.

I'll offer a different opinion.... 13 minutes of nothing. We have great coaches, we are a great university, we have great opportunities. He likes everybody and everything. "NIL is my entire focus everyday." Biggest news on NIL...Duck Duck Beer.

Ben seems very safe for this year and next year based on his words...he's doing it the right way...not going to happen overnight. We only win 34% of Big Ten games in recent history.
Take some time.

Coach P and PJ have similar energy.

No news on the upcoming bake sale so far.

well, he can only answer the questions that are asked, and with all due respect to the interviewer, he wasn't exactly firing fastballs.

but beyond that, it's Mark Coyle. this is who he is. I think his whole goal is to be as bland and non-controversial as possible - and he's succeeding.

This interview covered myriad general topics so wasn't supposed to be hard-hitting. Some may harbor a dislike for Coyle for one reason or another (Claes firing, Ben hire, etc.) but he carries himself well and has done a great job selling his vision to prospective, and now current, coaches while dealing with the realities of limited philosophical support for NIL in the State of MN. He is not a Tony Robbins but he is well-spoken and has done well playing with the cards he has been dealt.

Top Bottom