KANSAS don't bet the RANCH

pinkmartini

Reaction score
RESEARCH shows Kansas beat Florida International, Louisiana Tech, Sam Houston State, Iowa State (winless in the BIG 12), Colorado and the Missouri upset for 6 wins. I wouldn't bet your ranch on the JHawks against the Gophers. If you want to bet your ranch, this might be the time to get a ranch in Kansas.

Preparation and coaching, Gophers will win, bet on it.

Not completely accurate. We also beat K-State for 7 wins. No 55-0 losses. Oklahoma only beat us by 14 and they are pretty good.

RESEARCH shows Kansas beat Florida International, Louisiana Tech, Sam Houston State, Iowa State (winless in the BIG 12), Colorado and the Missouri upset for 6 wins. I wouldn't bet your ranch on the JHawks against the Gophers. If you want to bet your ranch, this might be the time to get a ranch in Kansas.

Preparation and coaching, Gophers will win, bet on it.

Are you implying that reigning National Coach of the Year Mark Mangino can't coach or prepare? Orange Bowl last year, look into it. Also research shows that Minnesota has been AWFUL down the stretch and lost to Iowa 55-0 to finish out the season.

GET REAL

We lost to Iowa because of all the commotion in the men's room.

this was a beat up tired team. with a month and a half off to regroup i see us playing more like we did in the first 8 games.

N.B. two out of our four NC opponents are bowl bound (one is 1AA and so unable to go bowling).

are u really judging us cause of 1 bad loss

are u really judging us cause of 1 bad loss
I think the implication was that the 55-0 loss was a culmination of a downward spiral, not that the 55-0 loss alone was proof the Gophers would lose.

this was a beat up tired team. with a month and a half off to regroup i see us playing more like we did in the first 8 games.

N.B. two out of our four NC opponents are bowl bound (one is 1AA and so unable to go bowling).

We had lots of players playing hurt (less than 100%) and still pulled out the victory against the MU Tiggers.

Four of our Five losses were to teams in the TOP 10 this season, including Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma. All the teams we lost to are going to bowl games and we should be rested, healed, and ready.

I think we win, but of course that's because I am a fan. I am sure you think the Gophers will win. It should be a fun game.

So with both teams at close to full strength, I can hardly wait. See you all there in Tempe. :)

We played like you did against Mizzou when we played Wisconsin the week before, and gave everything we had. But we lost. Had your guys lost to Mizzou the same way you beat Mizzou, how would your players have fared if they had to play another game the following week against a VERY tough team?

But again, this is all moot. See you in Tempe.

MinnMarch,

The thing I love the most about Coach Mangino is that our team, for the most part, does not get really high or really low. His cliche' that he tells the players and the press is, "keep sawing wood".

The practices EVERY week are the same, he expects every player to give full concentration and effort each and every day.

Still, I understand your message, it's hard not to let the results of specific games, especially rivals, affect you after a big win or loss.

Cannot wait until New Year's Eve. Woot.

Not only will I bet the RANCH but I'll throw in - a sack of corn, bessie ( our best milker ), two farm hands and that ole '62 ford pickup in the back pasture with a little rust on the fenders.

against your - ice fishin' shack, that one Minnesota Viking player without the rap sheet, an autographed picture of your ex-govenor in his wrestling tights, that little brown jug and your 2007 buick with rusted out fenders................

seriously, good luck in AZ..

Not only will I bet the RANCH but I'll throw in - a sack of corn, bessie ( our best milker ), two farm hands and that ole '62 ford pickup in the back pasture with a little rust on the fenders.

against your - ice fishin' shack, that one Minnesota Viking player without the rap sheet, an autographed picture of your ex-govenor in his wrestling tights, that little brown jug and your 2007 buick with rusted out fenders................

seriously, good luck in AZ..

I'm not sure we can offer the Little Brown Jug in a bet. It resides in Ann Arbor. :mad:

OK, if you can't offer up the little brown jug then throw in a couple Ole & Lena jokes...

DOES THE TRUCK START?

MNJAYHAWK
After reading what you are going to put, I must reconsider, Kansas ain't for me, but I do think that all the Minnesota boys that graduated from Kansas should come up with a real great bet, get your mind a thinkin////

I for one am glad we're playing Kansas (A Big-12 team) who we have a realistic shot to beat (Despite being 10 point underdogs) and find their fans hard to dislike.

I want to see a decent game. Lets hope the Gopher team from that 55-0 game doesn't show up again, or the team that played in the Insight Bowl a couple of years ago, man that was depressing to watch.

I want to see a decent game. Lets hope the Gopher team from that 55-0 game doesn't show up again, or the team that played in the Insight Bowl a couple of years ago, man that was depressing to watch.

Or the team that played South Florida!:mad:

PINKMARTINI... have you been to Lawrence? It really is a cool and beautiful little town. I can sweeten the pot a little for the bet:

I can't send Dorothy but I'll throw in Toto, The Tin Man, five old wind mills, Fred Phelps and a couple tornadoes ------- I can aim 'em at Madison & Iowa City if you'd like. You don't have to take the tornadoes if you don't want 'em but you can't send Rev Phelps back.......

IHave Been To Lawrence!

In fact we stay in Lawrence every year on our anual trip from Cold Minnesota to warm South Texas. Also I use to call on a customer in Manhatten Ks. And yes I love your city!

Also some years back we played Alabama and Arkansas in Bowl games and I kept telling the Minnesota fans how much fun we were going to have playing a team from that part of the country.

Well you Kansas folks are not nearly as far South as those two schools but I want everyone to know their fans are JUST AS NICE!

Yes we will have a great time together in Tempe!

PS dont forget to bring Bessie to Az.

PSS look us up we are getting in to tempe on the 27th!

GO GOPHERS

To my fellow Gopher fans,

Be careful when placing those bets. My gut feeling is KU by a dozen over a Gopher team that's on a serious slide.

So.....

do you think we can get Glen Mason to do the 'color' for the game?

Why did one of our fans have to get cocky? I've seen nothing but respect and humbleness among Jayhawk fans and we have the nerve to try to breakdown *ANYBODIES* schedule? As if our wins were anymore impressive?

To Jayhawk fans, I hope this is a good game and I have nothing but respect for Kansas as I have always looked at them as the Minnesota of the Big 12, but please ignore those who don't represent the rest of the Gopher fans........

I didn't read serious cockyness into any posts here. Just someone who did a little digging into our season and came away with an opinion, and actually a pretty darn good one. We're not a great football team by any means. But we're not bad either. Just a team of good Kansas players and a few second tier Oklahoma and Texas kids. I think it'll be an entertaining game.

Fred Phelps

Gophers, take it from a Hawkeye, I wouldn't trust this J-Hawk. We never lost a bet to this guy, and we've had Fred Phelps and his merry band of goofballs in Iowa City THREE times (we got a lot of folks goin' to hell), plus we had a tornado tear through the middle of town in 2006.

These Kansans have respect for no one and will unleash Fred Phelps and tornados on you regardless of a bet.

Yes, fred phelps is a great measure of the state of Kansas. Spreading Jesus' message of "hate thy fellow man" and "God hates you!" He is so well loved by Kansans that he we easily be elected as our next governor, regardless of what party he runs with.:p

If I die and the first person I see is Fred Phelps

I won't have to ask if I'm in heaven. With my luck it will be Iowa without the cool baseball game.

Gophers, take it from a Hawkeye, I wouldn't trust this J-Hawk. We never lost a bet to this guy, and we've had Fred Phelps and his merry band of goofballs in Iowa City THREE times (we got a lot of folks goin' to hell), plus we had a tornado tear through the middle of town in 2006.

These Kansans have respect for no one and will unleash Fred Phelps and tornados on you regardless of a bet.

The tornadoes are in retaliation to the snow and ice storms you send down about this time every year and Fred Phelps is a return favor from Paul Bunyan chopping down all our trees leaving our landscape bare. Take that Gophers!

Top Bottom