Kahler and Coyle

Goldmember

Reaction score
I do not see how they survive this. It's over for both of them.
Be careful whose agenda you rubber-stamp.

That"s right. This could be a huge national deal by tomorrow.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

it's about time we got some LEADERS running this athletic department, not career bureaucrats.

clean house and bring in Najarian to run the AD and lets get back to building this program

There is no happy ending to this.
This will set the program back a long F#{*^
Ways

There is no happy ending to this.
This will set the program back a long F#{*^
Ways

You make sound as if we wouldn't go to the Rose Bowl or even win a conference title for some impossible length of time, like 50-years or something.

You make sound as if we wouldn't go to the Rose Bowl or even win a conference title for some impossible length of time, like 50-years or something.

IALTO! How can we be set back any further? It's been 45 years of this garbage.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

it's about time we got some LEADERS running this athletic department, not career bureaucrats.

clean house and bring in Najarian to run the AD and lets get back to building this program

If Coyle goes the next AD will be a woman. Take it to The Bank.

Coyle is not a very confident A D. Looks like a fool. Bad hire.

I think a lot of people here don't have any clue how this is going to play outside of sports media. Kaler and Coyle are going to be fine, at least in the short term. No one is getting fired from a major public university for being over zealous about sexual assault allegations. The federal law is firmly on their side. If this situation isn't resolved by Monday, the team with withdraw from the Holiday Bowl and the guys who want to sit out a year and transfer will be welcome to do so.

And considering the great job of recruiting the program does, I'm not sure how many players are going to be eager to transfer to MAC schools. Claeys is gone though, although they'll probably keep him on board for another year. This is not a fight the players are going to win. Right or wrong, this isn't a fight the players are going to win. Look at what happened with Yale, there was a huge backlash once the news media got wind of the player's protest.

The good news is that the next coach will probably have six years guaranteed because he will have to "rebuild the program from scratch" like Monson after the academic scandal. At this point I think it's even money at best whether the Gophers ever field another team with a team with a winning Big Ten record before major colleges start shutting down programs as the big CTE liability universities are exposing themselves to become apparent.

The Gophers should save everyone the money and grief and just shut it down now. Then at least we can have the moral high ground of being on of the first schools to respond to the CTE crisis that is on its way. Tie it into a landmark study from the Med School and maybe the school can actually come out of this mess looking pretty ok.

This is damning

Marcus R. Fuller ‏@Marcus_R_Fuller 14m14 minutes ago
Gophers football team met with AD Coyle about the situation: "We wanted answers but only received misleading statements." Led to boycott.

I think a lot of people here don't have any clue how this is going to play outside of sports media. Kaler and Coyle are going to be fine, at least in the short term. No one is getting fired from a major public university for being over zealous about sexual assault allegations. The federal law is firmly on their side. If this situation isn't resolved by Monday, the team with withdraw from the Holiday Bowl and the guys who want to sit out a year and transfer will be welcome to do so.

And considering the great job of recruiting the program does, I'm not sure how many players are going to be eager to transfer to MAC schools. Claeys is gone though, although they'll probably keep him on board for another year. This is not a fight the players are going to win. Right or wrong, this isn't a fight the players are going to win. Look at what happened with Yale, there was a huge backlash once the news media got wind of the player's protest.

The good news is that the next coach will probably have six years guaranteed because he will have to "rebuild the program from scratch" like Monson after the academic scandal. At this point I think it's even money at best whether the Gophers ever field another team with a team with a winning Big Ten record before major colleges start shutting down programs as the big CTE liability universities are exposing themselves to become apparent.

The Gophers should save everyone the money and grief and just shut it down now. Then at least we can have the moral high ground of being on of the first schools to respond to the CTE crisis that is on its way. Tie it into a landmark study from the Med School and maybe the school can actually come out of this mess looking pretty ok.

never post garbage like this here again

Okay, thanks.

I was feeling a little down today. Thanks for cheering me up. What do you do with all that time you don't spend following sports?

Goldie Hawn has been announced as the new head coach for the football team.
85eaea41686dd62ce2f7cc77766ff5b2.jpg

If Coyle goes the next AD will be a woman. Take it to The Bank.

That may be. I have no doubt there are plenty capable women for the job. But would have to be a football-loving Condoleeza Rice-type woman.

That's because the board will not be in a position to endorse the hire an overtly Title-IX-friendly AD if this story gains any national traction. Kaler and Coyle will have been made to resign ostensibly for their over-zealous "enforcement" of it.

This is a backlash to the U being on the forefront of the title IX agenda for decades.

Well, I am glad to know what former president Malcolm Moos & the professor from "Back to School" think of the situation....

Completely asinine. Regrettably, I'm dumber for having read it. Please, never post here again.

Romberg guys Trump won, but with less people than his opponent. And the people who voted for Trump have very little say in academia. People who think the players will win or this will be the beginning of a Title IX are delusional.

Top Bottom