Kadyn Betts

The combination of stubbornness, ignorance, and pessimism is you guide. You used to be way better.

What it stubborn or ignorant about providing his ranking of the other recruiting services? Also, I did say I hope Prep Hoops' evaluation is correct. Which is being optimistic. I can't help he isn't highly rated on the other 4 sites.

Speaking of making up lies. Prep Hoops had Henley as the 3rd best recruit in his region of California, not the entire state.

Yeah and there were 5* recruits in that region who weren’t ranked…that’s my point. I’m not making anything up.

Why would him reclassifying cause his ranking to drop? There are a ton of players who have reclassified that didn't drop in the rankings. Try to keep up, please.
As a Junior, he was compared to other Juniors.
When he reclassified to a Senior, he was then compared to Seniors, who are better than Juniors so his ranking dropped.

As a Junior, he was compared to other Juniors.
When he reclassified to a Senior, he was then compared to Seniors, who are better than Juniors so his ranking dropped.

You expect me to believe he went from a top 100 player, to a player ranked on average 250ish because he reclassified? Like I said, a ton of players have reclassified, and none have seen a drop in their ranking outside of maybe a couple of spots.

It matters to me when our Gopher student athletes are being denigrated. Pessimism is a negative that discourages everything Gopher basketball. Especially when it damages attendance, NIL contributions and all things Gopher. The pessimists aren’t fans in good standing.

Last edited:

It matters to me when our Gopher student athletes are being denigrated. Pessimism is a negative that discourages everything Gopher basketball. Especially when it damages attendance, NIL contributions and all things Gopher. We essimists
I sit in my seat every game regardless of players rankings. I have only missed one game in six years and that’s because my daughter had a choir concert that I could not miss. It’s the Fairweather fans you’re referring to. They are plenty of us that are in our seats every game no matter how our golden boys are doing. I support them kids 100% through good and bad.

As a junior he was class president and carried a 4.0. Try to keep up, please.
I should know better than engage, but...WTF does the above have to do with his bkb rating?

I should know better than engage, but...WTF does the above have to do with his bkb rating?
You should know better, but you don’t. Did you know he has a 7’2” wingspan? Sorry about Battle.

Last edited:

Once again you too are driven by ignorance and negativity. We are talking his ranking as a junior prior to his reclassification that caused his ranking to drop. As a junior he was class president and carried a 4.0. Try to keep up, please.
If he averages 4.0 for the Gophers we’re in trouble.

We need an article about how Betts dominated Battle in practice last year. Why is the local media burying that story?

Botraven isn’t going to change his one-note tune. Every message board needs their optimists, but this level of irrational hopefulness is either a 10-year old, an adult poster with complete delusion or an AI chatbot with the hype turned up to 11. Best to ignore.

Stop with the negativity!! Betts will be a star.. can't you see his light from there?!?!?!

I can't wait to see the spin this a.i puts on this come January
Botraven isn’t going to change his one-note tune. Every message board needs their optimists, but this level of irrational hopefulness is either a 10-year old, an adult poster with complete delusion or an AI chatbot with the hype turned up to 11. Best to ignore.

Stop with the negativity!! Betts will be a star.. can't you see his light from there?!?!?!

I can't wait to see the spin this a.i puts on this come January
May go into hyper optimism when we are winning conference games. We will put you on suicide watch. Betts scored 41 points shooting the lights out from 3 in Atlanta towards the end his AAU career and then the year playing against Battle as a red shirt. I guess all of Battle’s good stuff rubbed off on Betts.

from one perspective:

the best-case scenario for the Gophers is that Betts sees relatively minimal playing time this year - because the rest of the team is playing well enough that they don't "need" Betts to be a major contributor.

If Betts winds up having to play major minutes, that likely means that
A. he is so freakin' good that the coaches were forced to play him, or
B. the other players were playing so freakin' poorly that the coaches were forced to play him.

Again, I think the best situation for the Gophers is that they are getting sufficient production from the upperclassmen that they do not need to play Betts a lot and he can work on getting stronger and focus on skill development.

now, if he turns out to be Superman and flat-out outplays the upperclassmen, that's great for Betts. I just don't think it's great for the overall program.

from one perspective:

the best-case scenario for the Gophers is that Betts sees relatively minimal playing time this year - because the rest of the team is playing well enough that they don't "need" Betts to be a major contributor.

B. the other players were playing so freakin' poorly that the coaches were forced to play him.

Again, I think the best situation for the Gophers is that they are getting sufficient production from the upperclassmen that they do not need to play Betts a lot and he can work on getting stronger and focus on skill development.

now, if he turns out to be Superman and flat-out outplays the upperclassmen, that's great for Betts. I just don't think it's great for the overall program.
Keeping the best 10 in heavy rotation is best for the team. Don’t forget he had a whole year as a Gopher behind him. Scenario B is not applicable. My surprise for this team isn’t winning, it is if Betts isn’t playing 20 as we get into the season. Carrington isn’t getting deserved respect from this board either. He has grown into a significant role. These guys are bonding and learning to unselfishly celebrate each other’s successes. Becoming a team. Not five 1 on 1s. Being a small town guy I am sure you embrace this teamwork. Blending old school with portal/NIL realities is a trick.

Remember, not only does he have a whole year of practice, he has a whole year of S & C that he wouldn't have gotten in high school.

Remember, not only does he have a whole year of practice, he has a whole year of S & C that he wouldn't have gotten in high school.
He was headed to a prep school when CBJ reeled him in. And a gain of 25 pounds while here. Bigger than JOJ. JOJ plays hard and effective. 9 months of defending Battle in practice. Poor Battle.

from one perspective:

Betts playing like Superman is bad for the program?

Betts playing like Superman is bad for the program?

I might have worded that poorly.

if Betts is playing major minutes, either he is a lot better than the evaluators had him ranked - which is good for the Gophers ----- or the veterans on the Gopher roster are not playing up to their potential - which is bad for the Gophers.

and I just don't see Betts as the kind of player who will step right in and start or play a major role from Day 1. I think the Gophers are better off in the long run if the upperclassmen are playing well enough that they can allow Betts to grow at his own pace without expecting him to be one of the top players on the team.

we're not talking about some top-50 national recruit. his last year in HS, I think he was ranked 233rd nationally. and he hasn't played in a game for the last year. I just don't think it's realistic to expect him to carry that big of a load right off the bat.

if Betts is playing major minutes, either he is a lot better than the evaluators had him ranked - which is good for the Gophers ----- or the veterans on the Gopher roster are not playing up to their potential - which is bad for the Gophers.

and I just don't see Betts as the kind of player who will step right in and start or play a major role from Day 1. I think the Gophers are better off in the long run if the upperclassmen are playing well enough that they can allow Betts to grow at his own pace without expecting him to be one of the top players on the team.

we're not talking about some top-50 national recruit. his last year in HS, I think he was ranked 233rd nationally. and he hasn't played in a game for the last year. I just don't think it's realistic to expect him to carry that big of a load right off the bat.
He was a Top 100 kid according to some outlets. With a year under his belt of learning the Gophers system if he isn't contributing at least 5-10 minutes on this team something went wrong, imo.

Keeping the best 10 in heavy rotation is best for the team. Don’t forget he had a whole year as a Gopher behind him. Scenario B is not applicable. My surprise for this team isn’t winning, it is if Betts isn’t playing 20 as we get into the season. Carrington isn’t getting deserved respect from this board either. He has grown into a significant role. These guys are bonding and learning to unselfishly celebrate each other’s successes. Becoming a team. Not five 1 on 1s. Being a small town guy I am sure you embrace this teamwork. Blending old school with portal/NIL realities is a trick.
Do you have personal knowledge of your claims? If so, how?

I don't as well. He is a big question mark at this time.

However, the best rounded players get the PT whether upperclassmen or FR. If its Betts shows more then JOJ or Ihnen, then Ben has give him the most PT.

I don't as well. He is a big question mark at this time.

However, the best rounded players get the PT whether upperclassmen or FR. If its Betts shows more then JOJ or Ihnen, then Ben has give him the most PT.
Right there are 3 better than Battle was last year. There is at least 1 more too. This year is going to be fun!

Top Bottom