Kadi Sissoko Starting?

Do you think Sissoko will be starting 20-21?

• Starting all season at PF

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Off the bench all season at PF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Starting all season at SF

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Off the bench all season at SF

• Begins season starting but ends up off bench

• Begins season off bench but ends up starting

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Bench Warmer

• Total voters

bball_craz_31

Reaction score
I've some people go back and forth thinking where they feel Sissoko will be starting and if she will be starting? Curious as of right now (possibly way too early) people feel she will be in 20-21 if there is a season.

My current lineup (in the Youngblood thread) was: Powell, Hubbard, Scalia, Sissoko and Smith with Strande coming off the bench early. So I'm guessing Sissoko would be called a power forward.

Starting at pf but playing on the wing when Hubbard or Scalia need a break or when they go against bigger teams. Whalen did say shes an all conference player in the gopher hole podcast and I dont think Youngblood is randomly hyping her up in every article he writes (he's got really really good sources).

My current lineup (in the Youngblood thread) was: Powell, Hubbard, Scalia, Sissoko and Smith with Strande coming off the bench early. So I'm guessing Sissoko would be called a power forward.
A 5 guard lineup? Im gonna disagree quite a bit on that. I think Woodard starts at C with Sconiers and Mershon (if eligible) backing her up.

Last edited:

I'm curious for the people voting off bench then starting. Are you planning Mershon in your lineup? or reasoning behind feeling she will come off bench to start

I see a 3-guard offense (Powell, Scalia & Hubbard), with Sissoko at a stretch 4.

This is how I see the lineups:

Most Common Lineup
C: Woodard/Sconiers/Hedman/Barbora (alt. Sissoko, Cumming)
PF: Bagwell-Katalinich/Mershon/Cumming (alt. Sissoko/Hedman)
SF: Hubbard/Sissoko/Ross (alt. Bagwell-Katalinich/Cumming/Strande)
SG: Scalia/Strande/ (alt. Ross, Sissoko)
PG: Powell/Smith (alt. Scalia)

The following is my rationale;
Woodard is the most experienced center as well as very athletic and has performed at a high levle in Junior college. Mershon is the next most experienced and has the most in Division 1. Sconiers is currently the next most promising player. I would like to see Barbora play more but in my opinion I think she plays too many mind games with herself, she often looks very upset she just needs to loosen up some. If Barbora can improve her abysmal 3pt. shot that would really open things up for her. I think her biggest problem with her 3 is that it looks like it is shot out of a cannon with absolutely no arc. I only see someone else starting if raw size is the most important need in the game.

PF:
Bag-Kat is by far the most experienced and proven performer. She will be absolutely GOLD for her on the court performance and the teaching she can do for the front court. I only see her NOT starting at PF if they need to go big or most athletic.

SF:
Hubbard is the ROCK! here and they will depend on her for her experience and reliability to perform. I only see this changing if someone beats her out as the season progresses or they need to go big or athletic.

SG:
Scalia, most experience and proven track record

PG:
Powell most experience and proven track record

Size Lineup:
C: Sconiers/Hedman/Woodard/Sissoko/Barbora
PF: Sissoko/Mershon/Bagwell-Katalinich/Cumming
SF: Bagwell-Katalinich/Ross/Hubbard/ (alt. Sissoko/Cumming/Strande)
SG: Strande/Scalia (alt. Ross, Sissoko)
PG: Smith/Powell (alt. Scalia)

Athletic/Speed lineup:
C: Woodard/Sconiers/Hedman/Barbora (alt. Sissoko, Cumming)
PF: Sissoko/Bagwell-Katalinich/Mershon/Cumming
SF: Ross/Hubbard/ (alt. Bagwell-Katalinich/Cumming/)
SG: Scalia/Strande/ (alt. Ross, Sissoko)
PG: Powell/Smith (alt. Scalia)

I see Sissoko is our Swiss Army knife who will get significan minutes all over the court and Hubbard and Bagwell-Katalinich as the team's glue and leadership.

This is probably oversimplified but relies on limited knowledge about the new incoming players strengths and weeknesses. Where do you think I errored?

Not able to find many Highlights of Sissoko. Here is one video. she is #1 in the video. seems to make very quick moves off the bounce.

Here's what the Syracuse coach said about her as a freshman.

"She can shoot the ball. She can score from all spots on the perimeter,'' Hillsman said. "She can play off the bounce. She can play in the paint. She’s a hybrid-type player. She can do a lot of things.

Where do the Gophers international players live during the CoVID19 shut down?

Believe they all went home when school shut down and went on line. Whalen on FSN right now on the Unscripted show saying there is a player in Paris. That would be Sissoko.

Top Bottom